Topic Identifier

Poll: What people should do like me

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passport lost by post office

Passport lost by post office

Sir
    i have applied for passport as government employee (defence air force ) on 05 may 2008 my file no was g000347 but i have not yet received my passport .

I have gone to passport office many times they informed that they have despatched it on 03 oct 08 vide registered letter no p008672.

But post office has lost my passport in transit as informed by amritsar post office. Amritsar post office is telling that they have sent it to delhi post for onward delivery and they have lost. Delhi post office is neither giving reply nor delivering passport.

I personally met three times with mr sodhi passport officer amritsar office. He told me to bring lost in transit certificate from post office thats why i havebeen tracking post office
    i have tracked whole two year for tracing my passport with post office and passport office.now amritsar passport office has forwarded all correspondence to me telling delhi is not replying so u directly enquire to them

my point is this why i should track to post office ,i have paid fees to passport office not to post office .though i was doing but now situation has gone beyond my control.i can not force post office to give reply or issue lost in transit certificate.

Its my humble request to do needful so that i can get my passport

2. Re: Passport lost by post office

One attempt you can make to lodge a formal complaint over the India Post website.

Re: Passport lost by post office

Sir i have already lodged complain with head post office and local office .But two year have passed doing correspondence but no result.i can provide all correspondence record.

Re: Passport lost by post office

I have alredy raised online complain with the site also but of no use they agian redirected enquiry to local post office . and no result

5. Re: Passport lost by post office

You may file RTI application with the ACPIO/POST MASTER of any post office seeking details of delivery of envelope and status of your complaints. All postmasters are designated as ACPIO by dept of post. You can pay Rs.10/- in cash at that post office or through IPO. Please refer:

Long pending? :
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ding-govt.html

Central Govt application:
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...govt-info.html

Make effective:
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...effective.html

I may add that there is some section [mostly section 6] under Indian Post Office Act 1898, where by post offices are not liable for any loss to addressee or sender of any post, unless malafides are proved.

You may also scale up to:

Deputy Director General (Postal Grievances and Quality Assurance)
    Department of Posts,
    3rd Floor, Dak Bhavan, Parliament Street, New Delhi. 110116
    Telephone 23096087 / 23036433
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

6. Re: Passport lost by post office

Please also try www.pgportal.gov.in
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Re: Please help to to apply for RTI

My passport was lost by post office in 2008 .since then i was corresponding to post office now they have issued lost in transit certificate and send a copy to me addressed to passport office. as per earlier query with passport office after receiving lost in transit certificate they will issue a fresh passport to me on that old application without charging repeat fee.
    But now they have not responded.
    Now i wanted to file rti. please guide me
    thank u

8. Re: Passport lost by post office

Dear Member

Please read post # 5 of this thread.

Kindly dont make multiple posts/threads for same query.

regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android