Thread: Hello from first time user of RTI....

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Hello from first time user of RTI....

Hello everyone !

First of all kudos to the developers, the mods and admins of this site.
    I chanced upon it, by googling for "RTI India" since I have recently started using the RTI Act to ask some really "inconvenient" questions to our good old Babus !
    I am a businessman in Hyderabad.
    The words ...."RTI ACT".....seem like magic. The moment I entered a Government Office and proudly asked "Who is the PIO under the RTI Act 2005 in this office ? I want to submit a application", it seemed that I had decended directly from Heaven ! First time in my life (and I am 50 years old !) a Head Clerk offered me a chair to sit on (well there were no spare chairs, so he sent his colleague on a errand and I was offered the chair). For the next 2 hours I was cajoled, pleaded with, stonewalled but I stuck to my guns and made the PIO accept my application.
    I wish to contribute my best to this forum and help its members in using this Act correctly.
    Keep up the good work.

2. Welcome on board. Very nice introduction. Have a nice time with us here.

3. Welcome Karira to RTI India portal. We look forward to your active participation.

4. Welcome to RTI india Karira,
    I am sure you will have a good time here as well without "Ask who is PIO of this site?"
    Have a good time...

5. Welcome to this community

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android