Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RTI Act has not helped much: Chief Justice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

With every passing year the work load of CIC will increase. As of now a few citizens are using RTI.
    Staff strength of CIC needs to be planned for a more longer period of time.

› Find content similar to: RTI Act has not helped much: Chief Justice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: RTI Act has not helped much: Chief Justice

RTI Act is successful at least in one respect. Previously it was very very difficult to get any response from the Govt. officials; but if any body submits any application under RTIA, then it is expected that he would get some sort of reply of his query. And afterwards possibility of receiving desired information also lies with two more chances (1st appeal & 2nd appeal/complaint ) . Is it not any improvement of the situation ?

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Yes, I would say! That is indeed a sea change worth noticing.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet View Post
    RTI Act is successful at least in one respect. Previously it was very very difficult to get any response from the Govt. officials; but if any body submits any application under RTIA, then it is expected that he would get some sort of reply of his query. And afterwards possibility of receiving desired information also lies with two more chances (1st appeal & 2nd appeal/complaint ) . Is it not any improvement of the situation ?
    Indeed a VERY BIG improvement !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dear sirs,

I would like to tell that just now people started using RTI Act 2005. Till now you leave about un-educated but even most educated were not knowing the Right to information act, 2005 and how to use it.

It is definately true that most of the administrative Heads are misusing many clauses of RTI act and hiding many information. As these administrate heads donot want to disclose any office functioning, continue their corrupt practices in many ways.

It will be very funny to say that even now some PIO's in India telling file notings (note sheets) are secret document even after giving several guidlines from CIC.

Most miserable thing that applicants and thier near and dears were harrashed by administrative heads in one way or other which does not leave any proof. We even say that such administrative Heads will give life threats to some of the applicants and information seekers. It is really most miserably to mention that some of the administrative heads are in criminal way distroying the information asked.

So, we can say more and more punishments should be there on information providing authority who misuse their official powers, so that no body should dare enough to do such actions like destorying the records, giving wrong information, threating the applicats etc.,

rakatkam.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rakatkam View Post
    Most miserable thing that applicants and thier near and dears were harrashed by administrative heads in one way or other which does not leave any proof. We even say that such administrative Heads will give life threats to some of the applicants and information seekers. It is really most miserably to mention that some of the administrative heads are in criminal way distroying the information asked.
    Dear Shri rakatkam,
    The RTI Act and its implementation are still in their nascent stage. Difficulties are bound to crop up in obtaining the information. But definitely it does not warrant such a generalised, sweeping allegations. May I point out here that such unfair criticisms do not go with the stated principles and objectives of this portal.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet View Post
    with the crocked group it fail..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually if in a govern department all the staff are sharing the profit then if becomes difficult to get support by these question because what ever you will enquirer you will be provided with manipulating the information and as because the First Appeal lated body is the head of the organization/ department , so he will also used to be away in support to an outsider. Such situation are common with MCD, DDA, Electricity & Police licensing offices..

Also I had an experience with injustice to myself by PIB where Three clerk popularly known are taking Bribe in the process to issue PIB card with an amount up to Rs 25000/- and I along with ther senior (now with other ministry) moved up to a Very Very High Ranking officer in MOI&B also ex-press sect to Former Honorable president Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam. In my appeal I proved with fact but till today I failed to bring any action on those clerk totally.

So ultimately to fight with the system , one has to move to the Court..

Dr A
    Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 25-01-08 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Names of the persons deleted.