Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RTI for IT Refund - a bit confusion

Question RTI for IT Refund - a bit confusion

I've filed ITR-1 online for AY 2009-10 in 2009. At that time my AO(Ward/Circle) was 'ITO Ward 32(2)/DEL/W/62/2'. In that I claimed a refund by providing bank details for transfer. I was in Hyderabad but my IT details were still located in Delhi.

After this my file got transferred to Hyderabad, and now my AO(Ward/Circle) is 'JCIT(P) R-12, HYD/APR/P/92/1'.

I have read about the RTI format but my questions are -

1) To whom my RTI would be addressed - Delhi (Where file was located that time), Hyderabad (Where file is located now) or Bangalore-CPC (Because I filed electronically)?
    2) Whatever be the case, what is address I need to mention in RTI (based on details provided above)?
    3) If I need to send RTI Delhi, can I do the same while staying in Hyderabad? If yes, how and from where?
    4) I found that we can file RTI online (Lodge Your Complaint: Central Information Commission (CIC) Online) as well. I selected 'Ministry of Finance' in 'Union Ministry' and 'Department of Revenue' in 'Department'. What should I select in 'Organisation/Public Authority', based on above mentioned situation?

2. Re: RTI for IT Refund - a bit confusion

You can file RTI application with the ITO with whom your file is assessed at present. Under RTI, even if you address application to wrong CPIO, he is bound to attend it by sucking information from its location within the organisation. Hence do not worry. The link provided by you relates to only complaint/second appeal to Central Information Commission [which is the highest authority under RTI]. You have to submit RTI application [first stage of RTI] to IT Dept. Hence this link is not relevant at present. Send hard copies to IT Dept with postal order by speed post. For address etc please visit:

IT Refund:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ng-refund.html

IT Refund:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ax-refund.html

Locate PIO:
    HOW TO LOCATE A PIO UNDER RTI ACT 2005 - RTI Guide

Make effective:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...effective.html
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Re: RTI for IT Refund - a bit confusion

Thanks for your reply.
    As suggested in the forum, I am sending communication by registered post first. I tried to locate the AO address, but couldn't succeed. Either link is broken or it is provided only with phone numbers. I need full address of 'JCIT(P) R-12, HYD/APR/P/92/1', where I can send registered post. Any link/help?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Just call any of the numbers given in the list and ask for the address.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Thanks to both of you. I've sent normal letter/request (by regd. post) to expedite the process. Let's see what happens. After 15 days, I would file RTI.

I've received my refund. However, I did not send RTI. It was just a normal letter with RTI format, suggesting that RTI will follow. Thanks for all the help and can someone please move this thread to 'RTI success'?

7. Re: RTI for IT Refund - a bit confusion

Dear Member

Congrats on your success !

regards

8. Re: RTI for IT Refund - a bit confusion

Happy to know that threat of impending RTI push also works.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android