Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I get information regarding IT refund?

1. Can I get information regarding IT refund?

Hi Everyone
    I was always fascinated by RTI ,heard a lot about it just wanted to see how I could also use it,I'v not yet recieved my 2005-06 IT refund ,is it possible to find out the status of the same thru RTI ,if so what is the procedure for the same.

Thanks in Advance
    Rupert

2. Hello Rupert,
    This thread might be of interest to you:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/495-ri...ax-refund.html

Regards,

3. The thread referred to by Kushal will really help you out.

In addition to this, for a quick response, you must also ask for the reasons for delay in issuing the refund and the name of the official/ officer responsible for the delay.

4. I was hearing about efillling and all at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in Can by registering at that site one can know the refund status.

5. As far as i know, that site is for e-filing of returns. there is another site itax, which caters to various queries like PAN, TAN, e-TDS, OLTAS etc, but doesn't really adresses to the issue of refunds.

This site also holds information regarding location of various income tax offices (though i must confess my office at faridabad doesn't find a mention !!!) and of CPIO's. But the best option currently available is "AAYAKAR SAMPARK KENDRA", which is actually a pilot project of the department in collabration with a private agency running a call centre set up at Gurgaon. The contact number is 0124- 2438000.

the queries (including refunds) can also be asked online at ask@incometaxindia.gov.in. if there is a problem, the same can also be accessed thru the site Income tax national Website.

the latest alternate is the Income Tax Ombudsman. I'll try and post the details for this scheme tommorow in my blog.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 05-04-07 at 10:48 AM. Reason: link changed

6. Thank you all--kushal, maneesh & apaul. That is a lot of interesting information on IT & refunds.

7. Aashna, I am featuring this thread. You had posted really useful information. Also I have created a new Link segment, wherein we can submit all useful links. Visit here: https://www.rtiindia.org/links and find 'Government Utility links'

Finally the link you provided incometaxindia.com: The Leading Income Tax Site on the Net is a click links and has nothing to do with information. It is only search generated ads to deceive.
    Thank You!

8. when i was posting the reply yesterday, i had typed the complete address. At one place, the address was automatically reduced to "itax" and in another place, it showed as ".....com: the leading.....". I dont know how, but u and mannesh would know better!
    Anyhow, the readers may please read the second link also as itax. If u can moderate the reply, it'd be still better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android