Thread: finding details of the PIO in Karnataka

1. Hi,

Can anyone please help me find details of the PIO in Karnataka. I tried looking for it but am not able to find the information. I have tried n number of times to get the information through the website http://www.rti.gov.in/Members/karnat...w_your_pio.htm but it gives an error saying Resource missing. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Anil

Last edited by anilpnair; 06-04-07 at 01:09 AM.

2. PIO in Karnataka :

The Central Right to Information Act came into force on the 12th October, 2005. However, before that 9 state Governments had passed state Acts. These were J & K, Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Assam & Goa.

Right to Information Act 2005 empowers every citizen to<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>
    q Ask any questions from the Government or seek any information<O:P></O:P>
    q Take copies of any government documents<O:P></O:P>
    q Inspect any government documents.<O:P></O:P>
    q Inspect any Government works<O:P></O:P>
    q Take samples of materials of any Government work.<O:P></O:P>
    <O:P></O:P>
    <O:P>i just pasted these information .. the website what u had been given is correct only .. the problem is that particular website has not been updated ..</O:P>

3. Hello Anil,

You can find the PIO of Karnataka in the below link.
    SCIC website

All the state PIO links are there below.
    CIC - Go to "Links to State Information Commissions"

Hope this helps you.

4. Thanks Latha for the Information.
    Can you kindly post these links at our links segment:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/local_links.php
    Regards,