Thread: How to make the First Appeal under RTI?

1. How to make the First Appeal under RTI?

Can I send my First Appeal to the Appellate authority by registered post or is it compulsory for me do so personally ? What documents should be attached alonwith the appeal ?

2. Here are the information you would require:
    1. yes, you can send it by registered post, and you do not need to go in person to file an appeal or even during the hearing. Read this: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/appeal...essessary.html
    & this:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1623-post4.html
    2. Here is all what you need to do for the First Appeal: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1820-post2.html

3. apeel can be made either in writing or typed requesting for the information . however, the fact that the information is sought under the provisions of rti act 2005 should be mentioned. the reason for elicting the information need not be mentioned. a fees of rs.10/-should be paid. the appllication should be addressed to the designated public information officer/apio and should be submitted either personally or by post under acknowledgement.where it is not possible to pay the fees in cash it may be paid by way of adraft or pay order

4. Dear Mr Murali Mohan, the title and content of the post you have replied is about " First Appeal" under RTI Act and not on how to make an application for information under RTI Act.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay1 View Post
    Can I send my First Appeal to the Appellate authority by registered post or is it compulsory for me do so personally ? What documents should be attached alonwith the appeal ?
    The best way to send the First Appeal is Under Certificate of Posting. You save all your time and money. Just make sure the letters "Under Certificate of Posting" are clearly written or stamped on the envelop. Get the certifate clearly stamped at the post office. Ask them to help you out, if you dont know how to do it.

The second best option is to send it through the APIO, City Post Office, where ever there are any customer care centres. Its the job of all APIOs of any office to foward the RTI Application & Appeal to concerned PIO or the Appellate Authority as the case may be.

Make sure you clearly mention in the First Appeal on your preference, if the decision should be held with or without your personal appearance.

Best wishes

Manoj

6. Re: How to make the First Appeal under RTI?

first appeal under RTI is usually for delay /refusal/ inadequate information from the PIO. these facts must be mentioned in the appeal letter along with a copy of any letter received from the PIO. a simple appeal to set right things is all that is needed.