Topic Identifier

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How to write an RTI Application?

1. Re: How to write an RTI Application?

Firstly, I would like to thank all the members here to have initiated this conversation. I had a lot of friends visit this site and because most of the latest conversations then were at a higher (and deeper!) level of RTI, they could not get started. I am hoping we can have more such conversations and try to take our portal to more people. Do we have any initiatives other than our portal to help people help themselves?

2. Re: How to write an RTI Application?

Quote Originally Posted by skohari View Post
    Firstly, I would like to thank all the members here to have initiated this conversation. I had a lot of friends visit this site and because most of the latest conversations then were at a higher (and deeper!) level of RTI, they could not get started. I am hoping we can have more such conversations and try to take our portal to more people.
    Dear skohari,
    The various threads in this post have been the result of active participation of our members. Perhaps it is possible that new comers to the field of RTI may find some of the threads having higher level of discussions and interpretations. Please advise all such friends to go through the news & discussions & success stories besides the FAQ section during the initial days. This will enable them to get used to the various concepts of RTI and then it will be easy for them to navigate around the other sections of the forum.
    Do we have any initiatives other than our portal to help people help themselves?
    As a number of queries on various other issues besides RTI were posed to us in the forum , last month, we have launched a separate site bighelpers.org This will serve as a community portal to discuss social problems other than RTI. You can use this link to access the same. Big Helpers Website launched, click here to Join!
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 15-12-07 at 07:21 AM.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: How to write an RTI Application?

Quote Originally Posted by mpai View Post
    Instead of sending a mail to NIC, maybe you might like to send a mail or complaint letter to the Ms Rita Khurana, Secretary of the CIC who is handling such kind of complains. Earlier Mr PK Gera used to handle this. A simple email to him was enough and he used to send a letter to the PA immediately. Mr Gera was transfered back to Gujarat State early this year.

Manoj
    Manoj,

I have sent 3 emails to CIC (marked cc to all id's which are available on the website) just to request for a simple change in the web page address of APSIC, as given on the CIC links page, etc.
    It has been mentioned incorrectly as https://www.scic.ap.gov.in/
    when the correct web page is: _:: Welcome to SCIC ::_
    No reply and no change of the link till date.

4. Re: How to write an RTI Application?

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    Manoj,

I have sent 3 emails to CIC (marked cc to all id's which are available on the website) just to request for a simple change in the web page address of APSIC, as given on the CIC links page, etc.
    It has been mentioned incorrectly as https://www.scic.ap.gov.in/
    when the correct web page is: _:: Welcome to SCIC ::_
    No reply and no change of the link till date.
    For any changes, modification or suggestions for the CIC site, please send a mail to Paul of NIC who is handling the issue.

His email id is paul (at) nic dot in

Also before finalizing any draft of an RTI request please visit the CIC site, and use its SEARCH facility to identify rulings involving similar subject-matter or the same PIO or AA or public authority. This yields enormous insight into the RTI Act that those of us who are not legally trained are apt to overlook. More in earlier thread (https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2128-r...re-widely.html). Best, -Murgie

Also see thread in https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2128-r...re-widely.html

Going to the CIC website, and using SEARCH within that site to identify rulings referring to related subject matter, or the same PIO or AA or PA, can also help yield insight into (a) subtleties in the language of the RTI Act that those of us who are not legally trained are apt to miss or regard as unimportant (b) arguments or language favoured or not favoured by the IC. Best, -Murgie

6. Re: How to write an RTI Application?

Could somebody pls direct me to a sample rti application not just the format.

7. Re: How to write an RTI Application?

As the details of info sought vary, only a broad outline of how to draft an application can be given here in this thread. There are several individual applications that have been discussed in this forum as well as in the blogs of our members. Officially too, we have come out with one sample application which can be downloaded at RTI India: The Complete Information and Resource Regarding Right to Information of India - home
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 15-01-08 at 11:05 AM.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

8. Re: How to write an RTI Application?

FORM -A
    Form of application for seeking Information
    (See rule 3)

The Competent Authority
    Ministry of Urban Development
    Govt. of India,
    New Delhi -110 001

1.Name of the Applicant r.A
    2.Address:
    3. Phone:
    4. Fax:
    5. e-Mail :
    6.Particulars of the information required:
    (a) Concerned Department: Ministry of Urban Development and
    Municipality Corporation of Delhi
    (b) Required information: i) Whether the officials of the MCD, South District are aware that RWA, C-1 Safdarjang Development Area has erected barricade i.e. overhead fixed barriers and gates on the public road at the entry point of Sahoday Sr. Sec. School?
    ii) Whether any permission from MCD has been granted to RWA, Safdarjung Development Area for such unlawful activities?
    iii) Whether MCD is empowered to erection and removal of above-mentioned barricades?
    iv) Whether Traffic Police and RWA are allowed to construct such type of bars, barricade and gates on their own wish and withoust any intimation or NOC of any other institution may be affected with such construction?

7. I STATE THAT THE INFORMATION REQUIRED DOES NOT FALL WITHIN THE RESTRICTION CONTAINED IN THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005 AND TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE IT PERTAINS TO YOUR OFFICE.
    8. A fee of Rs. 10/-(Rs. Ten only) has been paid vide postal order no. 56E 683304-dated 10-03-07 in favor of the office of the competent authorities.

NEW DELHI
    15-05-2007 Signature

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android