Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How to write an RTI Application?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: How to write an RTI Application?

Quote Originally Posted by syed2011 View Post
    What would happened if we didn't address RTI application to the PIO by his/her name?
    Government servants keep getting transferred. Therefore, I suggest do not use any names while sending your RTI application. Just address it to the SPIO or CPIO etc...

Twitter: @cjkarira

2. Re: How to write an RTI Application?

thanks for the information

Name:
    Ajay Sanghrajka
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: How to write an RTI Application?

Quote Originally Posted by ganpat1956 View Post
    Crusader, it is very thoughtful of you to have initiated a thread on this topic. I am sure this thread will help all the new comers to grasp this concept easily. Kushalji has already provided a downloadable version of the RTI Application format. Apart from that I would like to emphasise on a few points that come to my mind.

The application should invariably bear the title " Application for Information under RTI Act 2005". It should also contain a declaration to the effect that the applicant is a citizen of India. A DD/IPO for Rs. 10/= towards the application money or proof of remittance of the said amount, if it is remitted by way of cash, should also be enclosed. Beginners should always remember to keep extar copies of the application and proof of remittance for their own records.

I have also come across a few seasoned veterans using certain disclaimers/declarations in their application, as a measure of abundant precaution against any possible denial of information by PIOs. A few of them are furnished here.

" Kindly note that I am not seeking personal information which would compromise the privacy of any individual OR which would affect your competitive position".

"To the best of my knowledge the information sought does not fall within the restrictions contained in Section 8 and 9 of the Act and it pertains to your office."

If you are applying to a state government PIO, and if you do not understand the local language (believe me; it has happened to one of our members--Mr. Edmar), it will be ideal to specify in your application that you want the information in English. Otherwise chances are that you will end up with a reply in a local language and you won't even know if what you got was information or denial, unless somebody helps you out with translation.

These are just a few thoughts on the formalities of the RTI application. The major work however will be in the framing of appropriate questions, which depend more on the subject matter of the information being sought.
    It's truly advisable to apply in local language and even if the ready format is used should be in local language to get response promtly. And to avoid any inconvinience later on.

Name:
    Ajay Sanghrajka
    Blog Entries

Re: How to framer application under Right to Information

I thank U mainly because I feel that make others self sufficient when they come for help/guidance and what U have done here is exactly the same. I am new in this group. And I am tracking people with same line of thinking. I will surely look for your other postings and threads.

5. Re: How to write an RTI Application?

This site is helping many people., i came to know about it by google

The information given by Shrwan pathak and ganpat1956 on HOW TO DRAFT RTI APPLICATION IS VERY MUCH EXHAUSTIVE AND TOTALLY HELPFUL FOR NEW AND OLD MEMBERS.But the simple thing you must be clerar in DRAFTING RTI APPLICATION IS THAT
    1.Never USE why,what,How like words in the starting or ending of your question as this amount to INTERROGATIVE IN NATURE AND PIO will refuse reply.
    2.The question shold be BRIEF AND NOT DESCRPTVE RUNNING IT PARAS
    3.Read Sec 2(f) as to WHAT IS INFORMATTION
    4.AVoid asking question on EXEMPTED CATEGORY. SEC8

Surely you will be a good RTI ACTIVIST.

7. Re: How to write an RTI Application?

Please go through several replies given in six pages prior to your post and in case of doubts, please post your doubts for further suggestions of members.

Every RTI applicant must have knowledge of Sec 2, Sec.6 and Sec 8 which are the BASICS for filing application for RTI. Further NEVER USE " WHY " "WHAT""HOW" which are the leading words for a question of "INTEROGATIVE IN NATURE" and you should also be BRIEF and your questions should be as for possible one line or MAXIMUM two lines.This is the basic concept of writing good RTI application Never MIX UP TOO MANY QUESTIONS/SUBJECTS IN ONE APPLICATIONS.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast