10 Post(s)
    3 Thread(s)
    2 Post(s)

'If Files Are Lost, Action Will Be Taken'

Outlook interviews Wajahat Habibullah

The CIC disposed of 3,541 cases between April 2006 and February 2007 but it has a dismal record on imposing penalties.

We have imposed penalties in 18 appeals, of which 12 have been paid. In most cases, a showcause notice from the CIC is adequate to make the PIOs part with information.

Is Section 4(1), which says information must be indexed, adhered to?

I agree there has been negligible compliance with section 4(1). We have taken up the issue and the National Informatics Centre is working on software to help disseminate information.

Why do files get lost?

I have just issued instructions that where files have been lost, an fir must be lodged. In some cases, we have asked departments to trace the files and fix responsibility and take action.

Will information ever become transparent?

This is an Act owned by the public, yet its awareness is still not widespread. The PIOs have the mandate to ensure compliance, but seem to be unaware of their duties and responsibilities.

'If Files Are Lost, Action Will Be Taken' :

› Find content similar to: 'If Files Are Lost, Action Will Be Taken'

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    1 Post(s)

I am searching for the instruction where in CIC has directed to lodge FIR for lost file. If any one has seen please upload here.