Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: RTI helped our Housing Society

Dear SSN Congratulations! There are many who would want to know what happens between the builder and the municipal bodies. Residents of my building complex also want to do the same. Can you please provide us a draft of how you framed your RTI application to BMC? Thanks and regards

› Find content similar to: RTI helped our Housing Society

Name:
    shan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Re: RTI helped our Housing Society

Congrats SSN

Ur success spells the word in CAPITAL LETTERS. I would request you to highlight ur case in the forum.

I too am a member of a housing society formed in 1991 at Ghaziabad. Even after paying the full amount , I am yet to know the status of my allotment. The builder in connivance of the office bearer & of course the officials involved have created so much of a chaos , that I do not know who to approach. And I am not the only one. There are 32 fully paid members. The builder has added proxy members to dominate the show.

I would appreciate if you or anyone reading this thread could guide me , how to use RTI effectively to gather information & gain my possession.

Once again congrats & CHEERS>

Shan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well done SSN and am sincerely hoping that after your return from Bangalore,you will certainly spare some time to write success story of your case as suggested by Maneesh at post 3 above.This will certainly assist many people trying to seek info from their socities/builders. Thanks and congratulations once again.wishing you many more successes.

Name:
    Asha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

Its very good to know that you got a solution to your problem using the RTI act. Congratulations!!

Could you tell me how to use the RTI act to enquire about the status of my ration card application? I had applied for the card a year ago in chennai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You were very lucky to get your records. In deed it is very good news, but usually when ever I have gone to bldg dept. of BMC they give reply as the information does not fall under purview of RTI.
    Then I asked for the file inspection, and took photo copy of entire file along with approved plan duly certified by BMC official.
    Then I found that the ground construction is not matching with approve plan.
    e.g. 1) on plan it is electric meter room but the builder has converted it in to shop and sold it out.
    2) on plan it is society room but the builder has converted it in to room and sold it out.
    3) on plan it is single shop but the builder has constructed wall in between and sold to two different people.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shan, please post you total case/problem in details at RTI query under Support in Forum section.there are many wise and highly experienced men in our community,who will be more than happy to help you out through RTI route.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I raised an RTI query with the local MC regarding all permissions that our builder had sought with the MC. The draft of my letter was general so the engineer incharge at the MC called me to ask what I exactly wanted. I told him possibly everything that transpired between the builder and the MC.

Few days later I got a letter from the MC giving me a total estimate of photocopying each and every document or correspondence between the builder and MC and that additionally I would have to pay Rs.40 for consulting the documents.

Of course, since the pile was huge (Total photocopying cost around INR14,000) the whole stuff could not be sent by speed post. I was to collect it personally from the MC.

Interestingly, after the engineer's call from the MC I got a call from the builder why I wanted the docs. I told them that I wanted know the truth behind the builder's claims that the project was delayed due to MC clearances. The good thing is that due to this the builder attended to some of my long pending issues immediately!

My advice: Filing an RTI is simple, so go ahead if you have to check on your builder - at least the mere action of an RTI pushes them into action.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sikdar congrats.If you go through the above posts,I had requested SSN to post his housing society related success story with complete details, for the benefit of many members awaiting to learn and gain from such experiences.
    Will you please be kind enough to post complete details of your case eg:what was the problem,how did you approach it,your RTI application contents,whom did you address it to, who were the people involved resisting your efforts ,how did it progress and finally verdict; and all other problems you faced and your successfully handling of those problems.
    Thanks a lot ,and once again very well done .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast