Topic Identifier

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RTI helped our Housing Society

Name:
    Regina Antony Chazhoor

Re: RTI helped our Housing Society

Dear SSN Congratulations! There are many who would want to know what happens between the builder and the municipal bodies. Residents of my building complex also want to do the same. Can you please provide us a draft of how you framed your RTI application to BMC? Please send me the addresses of the PIO of Registrar and Deputy Registrar of Cooperative Housing Societies
    Thanks and regards.
    Regeena

ashish.tiwari Guest

nile0611, I'm from Mumbai and my building is also going through redevelopment. Could you please post your RTI application here. I need to know lot of things. I've already posted in another thread but no luck.

Name:
    Regina Antony Chazhoor

I raised an RTI query with the local MC regarding all permissions that our builder had sought with the MC. The draft of my letter was general so the engineer incharge at the MC called me to ask what I exactly wanted. I told him possibly everything that transpired between the builder and the MC.

Few days later I got a letter from the MC giving me a total estimate of photocopying each and every document or correspondence between the builder and MC and that additionally I would have to pay Rs.40 for consulting the documents.

Of course, since the pile was huge (Total photocopying cost around INR14,000) the whole stuff could not be sent by speed post. I was to collect it personally from the MC.

Interestingly, after the engineer's call from the MC I got a call from the builder why I wanted the docs. I told them that I wanted know the truth behind the builder's claims that the project was delayed due to MC clearances. The good thing is that due to this the builder attended to some of my long pending issues immediately!

My advice: Filing an RTI is simple, so go ahead if you have to check on your builder - at least the mere action of an RTI pushes them into action.[/quote]

Name:
    Regina Antony Chazhoor

Dear,
    Thank you for your reply. I would ask you should we send the letter through email or post or go to muncipality and meet the particular authority? Please reply.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android