Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Old Electricity Bill of the Year 1967

Wanted Old Electricity Bill of the Year 1967

Heloo Sir,
    My Father used to live in lower parel in 1967.
    and now i want the elctricity Bill of that year....can u please tell me how to get old electricity Bill of that year
    Thanks

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries

Re: Wanted Old Electricity Bill of the Year 1967

The chances are that such old record will not be available to the department and hence to you .
    But the process of getting such information is explained here .
    File RTI Application with prescribed fee with Public Information Officer of the concerned department as per relevant State RTI Rules . The PIO is expected to respond in 30 days from date of receipt of your request .
    Go thru the guide section :
    Guide

Hi All,

I have a similar help request.
    I have bought one room in chawl which was built quite early as 1993 in Mumbai.
    I have bought this recently , but i dont have the old electricity bills as old as beginning eg. 1993, 1994,etc
    Now, i want to know how can i get those old bills.
    Now the meter is in MY NAME.
    Is it possible to get the old electrucity bills.
    Pls note that electricity have changed from BSES ---> RELIANCE now in Mumbai.
    Whom should i contact Reliance or BSES ? And Whether such information is possible to get ?
    In Deperate need, pls help. u can mail me at (Posting of mail ids is against RTI India - Forum Rules - hence deleted)
    Last edited by ambrish.p; 27-01-11 at 06:47 PM.

Name:
    dhakalall chhetri
    Blog Entries

if the electricity deptt. has followed the record retention schedule(normally 20 years), you surely get the bill.But if the rules to keep the record is not followed by the deppt. its hard to say. But you can try.In our state (Sikkim), we normally get such type of records.

5. Re: Wanted Old Electricity Bill of the Year 1967

I need electricity bill of year 1993...need guidance

Heloo Sir,
    My Father used to live in lower parel in 1967.
    and now i want the elctricity Bill of that year....can u please tell me how to get old electricity Bill of that year
    Thank
    As already advised by the veteran that chances are bleak but it will help you to understand the act. An application is drafted to try if any help is possible. The Moderators are requested to moderate the draft.
    BY SPEED POST
    The PIO, DATE:
    .........................Mahanagar palika
    City>>>>> (Distt. .......)
    Reg.: Application under RTI ACT 2005
    I enclose photocopies of Bill No.. __________ dated ______i regarding connection no. ......... in the name of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. Kindly supply following information in connection with that record of ........... In case it is destroyed by the department as detailed below and required by me [referred to as said record hereunder]: Please provide me:

1. Certified photocopy of pages of register where the said records were last recorded to have existed before destruction.
    2. Name, designation and office address of staff who had last custody of the said records.
    3. Date and place of actual destruction of said records.
    4. Photocopy of relevant pages of register maintained for destruction of record where the said records were entered into.
    5. Name, designation of staff in whose presence the said records were destroyed.
    6. Certified photocopy of guidelines for preservation, safe custody and destruction of records.
    7. Name, designation and office address of Authority who has authorized destruction of said records.
    8. Method or procedure adopted for destruction of said record [burning, shredding, watering, pulping etc, etc]
    9. Location or existence of this information as defined u/s 2 (f ) of the above act, in some other form or place like computers, microfilms, centralized data base or other sources or locations etc.
    10 Names and contact details of other citizens who have been supplied said record in last 10 years under RTI or otherwise.
    11. Please provide me a sworn affidavit to the effect that information no more exists in entire public authority [electronically or otherwise]. [refer: CIC decision dated 06-11-2009 in Appeal No.CIC/SM/A/2008/00135 & SM/A/2009/001075]
    I reserve my right to inspect the records sought as above under this application.
    RTI Fee & Mode Of Payment: ............ ............ ( Full Detail)

Regards,

Yours Sincerely,

7. Re: Wanted Old Electricity Bill of the Year 1967

While Members appreciate the interest taken in providing reply to a query of 6 years old, members must consider relevancy to that query, and circumstances at that place prevailing as of now, as member is aware of such circumstances and came for guidance of the forum, after exploring all his chances.

Mansi prajapati posted similar thread for 1993 & it is merged with post of 2011.
    Thanks a lot to be vigilant & correct us within no time. That is veteran.

Sent from my LG-K220 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android