Re: Departmental enquiry-information under the provisions of RTI

I am sure will ably

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Abhijit ji,

The case and enquiry should be reopened and all factors should be brought on paper. It will be better if you demand re-enquiry and action on corrupt govt.officer, even he retired.

ra katkam

Name:
    AJAY KR. BAHL
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The department where a friend of mine was working on deputation as Accountant was considering his permanent absorption along with a few other deputationists. As he came to know that some people junior to him were being given a chance ahead of him, he asked some questions regarding the status of the case by way of RTI. This resulted in his immediate transfer to some other office and secondly repatriation to the parent cadre within a month. Moreover, he had to take the false blame of improper conduct in official work as the reason for his repatriation of which he is not aware of till date. Till date the department has failed to give any satisfactory or clear answer to any of his queries under the RTI Act relating to the selection process or charges of improper conduct.Further on being repatriated when he wanted to know the reasons for this action of the department by way of RTI Act as he was never given any adverse remarks or memo. The Pio of the dept. is denying the information first on the grounds that as an inquiry into the complaint of improper conduct in official work is being made, the information called for is exempted from disclosure in terms of clause 8 h of the RTI Act.In his appeal to the AA he had requested that as per the CCS CCA Rules the person against whom the so called inquiry is being initiated should be provided with the relevant information. But the information is being denied on the pretext of clause 8 h of the RTI Act setting aside the rule position as given under Rule 14 of the CCS CCA Rules. The AA has now replied that the departmental enquiry under CCS CCA rules have not yet been instituted against my friend for improper conduct in the official work. And that all the relevant papers showing improper conduct in the performance of his official work have been forwarded to the disciplinary authorities of his parent department for taking suitable action at their end.
    <O
    Please guide whether one can go to CIC for seeking the information from the department as we want to know the charges leveled against the person in question.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. You can. however, once the inquiry is instituted the issue becomes automatically under the provision of exemption on ground that it will impede the enquiry.
    adil

Name:
    AJAY KR. BAHL
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can the inquiry be constituted without the knowledge of the accused or without informing what charges are being inquired into.
    As till date no such intimation has been provided by the department.

Quote Originally Posted by bahl_ajay View Post
    Can the inquiry be constituted without the knowledge of the accused or without informing what charges are being inquired into.
    As till date no such intimation has been provided by the department.
    Dear bahl ajay,
    I don't understand the context under which you have used the word "constituted".

In general, a disciplinary proceeding is initiated by serving a charge sheet on the employee. The charge sheet should contain the details of the allegations against him. Every enquiry proceeding, consequent to a charge sheet, should be held only in the presence of the employee and he should be given adequate opportunities to put forth his defence. In a nutshell, this is known as the principle of natural justice.

If no communication has been provided by the department, it means that they have not(yet) initiated any such proceedings.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    shrigopal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am facing two charge memo enquiries of major penalty from my insurance company,however,I have not given up.They are refusing most of my RTI application
    as repititive,frivolous and vexatious.My boss who claims habitually 1 lakh each year of mediclaim has refused to sanction my mediclaim of less than 2 thousand.I brought the matter to notice of IRDA ,then ,an individual is fighting with the system.
    My RTI applications are duly accepted by other govt depatt and forwarded to my employer,That is my moral victoryagainst liars and cheaters .

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Please see this CIC decision too
    find as attachment in thread:http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/6613-c...y-refused.html
    regards

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android