Topic Identifier

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I give information which otherwise would be available at Rs.100/-

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Can I give information which otherwise would be available at Rs.100/-

colnrkurup,

Once information is already in the Public Domain, then that information can be accessed by payment of charges as prescribed by the PA.

Some decisions of the CIC supporting this:

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_30072007_23.pdf
    (Charges under RTI or under Companies Act)

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_24092007_01.pdf
    (Charges under RTI or under Supreme Court Rules)
    (Decision is also interesting with respect to which law overrules which law.....later overrules the earlier or not...and under what circumstances.....with reference to RTI Act Section 22)

2. Re: Can I give information which otherwise would be available at Rs.100/-

That is a great clarification. Thank You Karira for sharing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Re: Can I give information which otherwise would be available at Rs.100/-

You are great karira. Kudos to you.

4. Re: Can I give information which otherwise would be available at Rs.100/-

Mr.Chanda's case is very interesting and i can understand his dilemma. to my mind, it appears that he cannot deny the information regarding the ownership details;there is no harm in parting with those details. he can also give the particulars contained in the land record in the form of a summary but for the actual copy [xerox]of the land record, he should demand the prescribed fee. a citizen is entitled only to "information" contained in a record but not the copies of the record itself. the RTI act does not say anywhere that actual copies of the documents be given when information is sought. to give you an example, if a patient approaches me for details of his treatment, i am on the right side of the law if i give him a gist or summary of diagnosis and treatment; i need not give him the xerox copy of his case sheet. even if i do he would not understand anything because of the technical language. so the solution to your case is -- give the information seeker a summary of the facts contained in the land record and ownership details.

5. Re: Can I give information which otherwise would be available at Rs.100/-

Dear Karira,

I have printed few copies of Your above case history ( 07/06/07) and circulated among few of my interested friends. I had experience of almost same nature of behaviour of some Govt. officers of different departments. But I should admit that I was a little bit lucky of getting help and assisitance of two/three "good" officers; but most of them are serving the Govt., they are least interested to fight corruption . Most of them are "dedicated" to help corrupt officers/persons/corrupt system and as such all the corrupt practice. I am not that much experienced to submit second appeal/complaint to the SIC, nicely.I tried for having advice from any experienced persons here , but in vain. I received valued suggestion /comments etc from you and Ganpat1956.But it is not always easy to do this type of work through internet only. I was in search of a helpful Advocate/experienced Govt. officer, but did not get any.
    However, I would like to know the result of your tireless as well as dedicated journey as described above. With regards.

6. Re: Can I give information which otherwise would be available at Rs.100/-

Karira ji,

It is very pain ful to hear your experiences. If we study the past and even the stories, and the present happening, we can very well understand and conclude that a good principled person was always harrashed in many ways.

Hats off to your will power. And thanks for sharing with us, which is very much inspiring us and many like me.

The path you have selected and the journey you made is marvelous.

we will follow that.

my post is after seeing your post of 07/06/2007.

thank you sir,
    rakatkam.
    Last edited by wagh7; 27-01-08 at 01:28 AM.

Name:
    Yousaidits Optional

Karira ji,

I salute your perseverence.

Could you update the forum as to what happened to your WP? If you've already done so elsewhere, I would appreciate a link.

regards,
    SomeGuy

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

WP = Writ Petition = Work in Progress !
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android