Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

RTI Query draws a blank on State-funded NGOs

Bangalore Times .. Bangalore ..
    : Did you know that non-governmental organisations funded by the state government do not come under the purview of URight to Information Act?
    This, when the Central Act emphasis that NGOs come under The RTI Acts ambit.

: This discovery was made by an activist with KRIA-Katta, a group which uses RTI to look into various civic issues.

: Talking about this : in Banglaore : Kumar said like this " I got the idea through a case involving Mahila Sahayavani. There were some things that bothered me about the case & i decided to explore furthur " .
    -> In reply to Kumar's petition, the KArnataka Information Commission replied that it does not have any specific criteria regarding accessing of information from NGOs funded by the government. It also doesn't have a list of organisations which are substantially funded by the government.

According to Section 2H of the Central Right to Information Act 2005, NGOs substantially financed by the government come under the puvoew of RTI act.

: Advocate Ravivarma Kumar : " There is an obviously a Lacuna.the Central act overirdes the state act. Since the central act specifies that NGOs substantially funded by the govt..come under its purview, the inforamtion commission should have had criteria set."

› Find content similar to: RTI Query draws a blank on State-funded NGOs

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

If you click on 'Substantially Financed', you will get to know lot about this and the decision taken by CIC thereof available in the glossary segment and also the post here:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/appeal...blic-body.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I was just wondering, very soon you will find RTI application seeking details for selection of players in Indian Cricket Team and the reasons for not selecting some. Given the passion for Cricket I feel Public Interest is more than justified.

The decision which Kushal is referring is very comprehensive and must read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: RTI Query draws a blank on State-funded NGOs

Quote Originally Posted by maneesh View Post
    I was just wondering, very soon you will find RTI application seeking details for selection of players in Indian Cricket Team and the reasons for not selecting some.
    Since the public has stopped treating the Cricket stars like god, I wouldnt be surprised application on the payment being received by this players also be filed.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: RTI Query draws a blank on State-funded NGOs

I think BCCI is NOT a public authority.
    What about Temples ?
    Are they a PA under the RTI Act......they come under the "endowments" department of the State Govt.