Name:
    jetley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Is Signature of PIO/CPIO a must on the reply...

Quote Originally Posted by mpai View Post
    Earlier I had filed an RTI Application with the Min of Law & Justice seeking clarification on a similar case. The application was transferred and replied by the DoP&T. The reply clearly stated that a CPIO can be appointed by the PA under Section 4. The same CPIO cannot appoint his subordinate officers as CPIOs under Section 5(4) & 5(5). All information received from such officers have to be replied by the original CPIO.

Manoj
    Could you please upload the reply here? It may benefit many members

› Find content similar to: Is Signature of PIO/CPIO a must on the reply...

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: punishment other than PIO?

Dear Mr. Karira,

I am lost in the new format of the forum. Let me reorientate myself. For the time being I am searching for the private message you had sent to me. Still I could not locate

Name:
    Dinesh
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colnrkurup View Post
    Dear Mr. Karira,

I am lost in the new format of the forum. Let me reorientate myself. For the time being I am searching for the private message you had sent to me. Still I could not locate
    Please click on the "Settings" on the top most information bar. All your private messages are available in "Inbox" folder.

To view your inbox directly click on this link

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimeshdave View Post
    Sir
    I had applied more than 10 different applications under RTI Act. in a government office. Some of the replies of my applications were given and signed by other junior officers/clerical employees. These replies were not given by the Public Information Officer of the office. Recently there is a news in local news paper about forged signature scandal in that office. I have a doubt that my RTI applications were wrongly replied by other than Public Information Officer of the office. My queries are

Whether any officer other than designated Public Information Officer can reply under RTI act ?

What remadies are available to me in my case because I have doubt that I am not provided correct Information. ?
    With the new format, sorry that I am not in a position to review previous replies on the subject.

The reply to RTI application has to be signed by the PIO himself. Even if he has not signed himself the designated PIO in person will be responsible for the furnished answer. As for as the applicant is concerned he should reckon the reply as authrentic and proceed further as if the reply is genuinely furnishedf by the PIO. If the reply is very vital and worth persuing, I would have sought inspection of the files containing the genuine signature of the designated PIO. I would have made an application for inspection wording in such way that I suspect the authenticity of the signature of the reply.

Name:
    Ketan Modi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is Signature of PIO/CPIO a must on the reply...

Dear All,
    I am sharing my experience with the Mumbai Police when one of my applications was transferred to all police station. The Senior Inspectors of each police station responded. The information/s were furnished to me with the signature of the regional PIO of each Police Station's jurisdiction. This ensured that the PIO who had transferred the application to other public authority has ensured that the information is furnished. Even the Regional offices were kept in the loop. Hence the application was responded though mostly misleading and false information/s were furnished and some Police Stations did not prefer to respond because the response could have inculpate the Senior officers of these Police Station. Some even demanded that I pay Rs.6 for the response wherein I had put my foot down and told them that furnishing information cannot be termed as generation of information hence they not enjoy the powers to charge me. Matter was decided ex-parte by the SIC but it was noted on the order that the issues raised by the applicant are of serious nature and a copy of this order be forwarded to the Commissioner of Police for appropriate action. I think in such a situation to follow this route would ensure that the PIO has at least signed the cover page. Happy information seeking.
    Ketan Modi
    Bapu

Name:
    ranjiv goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can APIO had power to give reply u/s RTI

According to my knowledge that in RTI act the PIO has the only authority to give reply to rti application. but in Rampura Phul City's Muncipal Office all the RTI applications are dealt only by APIO. The APIO had given reply to every letter u/s rti and he had alone represent his office at State Information Commission.
    Please guide me is that pratice is correct. If not, then but steps will be taken in the matter.

Ranjiv Goyal

Name:
    Sharad S. Phadke
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Re: Can APIO had power to give reply u/s RTI

I think Section 5 (5) is clear on this subject.

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Re: Can APIO had power to give reply u/s RTI

Section-7(1) provides that CPIO or SPIO, as the case may be, on receipt of request under Sec-6 shall, as expeditiously as possible, and in any case within thirty days of receipt of request, either provide information on payment of such fee as may be prescribed or reject request for any of the reasons specified in Sections-8 and 9. In view of this, it is the CPIO or SPIO who should provide information or reject the request.

In terms of Sec-5(2), the duty cast upon the APIO is to receive applications for information or appeals under the Act for forwarding the same forthwith to the CPIO or SPIO or senior officer specified under Sub-Sec(1) of Sec-19 (FAA) or CIC or SIC.

In terms of Sec-7(2), if the CPIO or SPIO, as the case may be, fails to give decision on the request for information within the period specified under sub-Sec(1) of Sec-7, the CPIO or SPIO, as the case may be, shall be DEEMED TO HAVE REFUSED THE REQUEST.

Further, in terms of Sec-7(3), when decision is taken to provide information, intimation shall also be sent to the person making request by the CPIO or SPIO.

APIO is not the prescribed statutory authority to give decisions and intimation in terms of Sec-7 of the RTI Act. The Act is crystal clear on this aspect.
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android