Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is Signature of PIO/CPIO a must on the reply...

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Can APIO had power to give reply u/s RTI

Quote Originally Posted by goyalreporter View Post
    According to my knowledge that in RTI act the PIO has the only authority to give reply to rti application. but in Rampura Phul City's Muncipal Office all the RTI applications are dealt only by APIO. The APIO had given reply to every letter u/s rti and he had alone represent his office at State Information Commission.
    Please guide me is that pratice is correct. If not, then but steps will be taken in the matter.

Ranjiv Goyal
    Your post and the replies have been merged with an existing thread on the same topic/subject.
    Please go through the full thread above.

Twitter: @cjkarira

Can CPIO ask his subordinate to reply to rti petition?

Dear Experts,

I had sought information from CPIO of MOEF New Delhi but instead of sending reply himself, he asked his subordinate to write to me.Is it OK as per RTI Act 2005?

Important point is that Subordinate staff who is a temporary officer "advised me to be specific and restrict to one project/subject at a time". The subordinate official( Research Officer) asked me to deposit Rs 442/- for 221 pages after predtaing the reply to 8th July 2011 (just to evade the section 7(1) &(6) under which he is suppose to reply to me within 30days), whereas the postal receipt says the RTI application was received on 4th June 2011 & reply despatched on 13th July 2011.

Kindly quote authoirties/order of CIC/SIC to prepare for the First Appeal.

Thanks

harinder dhingra

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Can CPIO ask his subordinate to reply to rti petition?

Your post has been merged with another thread on the same subject/topic.
    Please read the full thread above.

Is Signature of PIO/CPIO a must on the reply...

Dear Forum

Kind ATTN.

RTI replies by the PIO's thru their underlings

FORMAT - I
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reply matter
    XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXx
    XXXXXXX

XXXXX KUMAR
    P - I - O
    A - O
    PUBLIC AUTHOURITY

signed by hisunderling
    A-P-I-O

// t. c. b. o. //

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORMAT - II

reply matter
    XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXx
    XXXXXXX

XXXXX KUMAR
    P - I - O
    A - O
    PUBLIC AUTHOURITY

signed by his underling
    Superintendent

// t. c. f. //

QUE's:
    a) Replies under both the formats valid ?
    b) They wont compy with 10(C) of RTI Act ?

Still can we file
    appeal/complaint in SIC
    complaint in consuemr fora
    only on the above gorunds a & b

valuable suggestions please...

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Is Signature of PIO/CPIO a must on the reply...

It is not worth only on this ground.

Re: Is Signature of PIO/CPIO a must on the reply...

Dear Anathamadhav,
    I faced the similar situation as mine RTI application was replied by ASPIO but I quoted Section 5(2) of the RTI Act 2005 in the First Appeal under Section 19(1) of the RTI Act 2005 and got the relief(my application was remanded back to SPIO). The section 5(2) says. " (2)
    Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), every public authority shall designate an officer, within one hundred days of the enactment of this Act, at each sub-divisional level or other sub-district level as a Central Assistant Public Information Officer or a State Assistant Public Information Officer, as the case may be, to receive the applications for information or appeals under this Act for forwarding the same forthwith to the Central Public Information Officer or the State Public Information Officer or senior officer specified under sub-section (1) of section 19 or the Central Information Commission or the State Information Commission, as the case may be:"
    The ASPIO can "receive" & "forward" the application but can not reply as clearly mandated in above Section.
    Thanks
    harinder dhingra
    proud to be student of RTI

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android