Topic Identifier

Thread: Search of Decision of cases where CPIO goes on 30 days leave

1. Search of Decision of cases where CPIO goes on 30 days leave

Hello Maneesh,
    As we had a discussions, I am searching for the decision where-in the CPIO goes on leave:
    • Should he hand over the CPIO charge to some other, and to whom? Is it the 1st Appellate authority? Looking for decision in this regard!

2. The charge to be handed over to the person who is going to look after his regular work in the same rank or rank below him.
    Decision_03012007_9.pdf

Charge is not to be taken up by Appellate Authority.

I believe this are matter of general administrative procedure. The Act talks about designating a CPIO. If the CPIO (X) is on leave then the designating authority can designated (Y) as CPIO.

One cannot have a case law on all trivial issues.

Act is made by parliament and is superior that the case laws by CIC which are more in nature of clarification of the main act.

3. I could not find the relevant details in the clause of the link of the Act? Can you kindly check that?

If the Act do not define, the decisions does. There are no clear mention in the Act regarding this issue and is left for interpretation and here come the role of CIC. According to one of the departmental circulation, it was mentioned that the post is ubiquitous and whole responsibility lies with the Officer once designated as CPIO.

However, I fail to agree with this, and thus the question to you! I would rather tend to agree to what you said about making CPIO. I am still to interpret who and how the transfer can be effected in CPIO absence, as in my case the Secretary Posts had made the CPIO's.

Is he to nominate, or as you said can be done by General administrative procedure by the next senior Authority.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android