Topic Identifier

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

Re: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

The committe apointed by RAJYA SABHA has recomended to scrap the application fees

Quote Originally Posted by R K Garg View Post
    After the processing fee was increase five times from Rs 10 to Rs 50 I have started sending single application containing many questions and resultantly the application is transferred to one and more CPIOs and in such a process it gets delayed beyond 30 days.Finally I get lot of information free of cost.We are here bent upon not to spend any thing beyond RS 50 which is pre requisite.
    The rate of Rs 10 per photocopy is simply prohibitive.I think it is provig to be counter productive.If rate is decreaed to Rs 1 and Processing fee is waived I will file simple applications only.
    It is my way of thinking till the govt addresses our problems in healthy way.

R K Garg
    RTI Chandigarh

BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    a CONSUMER and RTI activist
    ALIGARH, U.P.
    Officially Certified A Grade by DoPT

[quote=Debashis Basu;4485]I am in full agreement with Dr Kushal Pathak that the scope of section 20(1) of RTA ACT must be enlarged to include Appellate Authority (who hears the first appeal) under a parallel Rs 250/- per day penalty which will be a concurrent penalty with the department PIO / SPIO.

Agreed as well. Both PIO and AA are attimes hand-in-glove to reject. And attimes PIO is only obeys his boss, AA to evade disclosure. Both are liable for penalties.

[quote=hkdubey;21016]
    Hence fine is not the solution. Disciplinary action is must for discipline

Penalty is the consequence of disciplinary action. In that sense, disciplinary action again penalizes people in one form or other.

The Penalty or compensation as paid by any PIO or FAA has got no any relation with the service book and these GHOOSKHOR may not hesitate to part a little part of the money earned but definately any disciplinary action goes and recorded in service book and for any adverse entry in their service book may stop their promotions, for which they dare.
    This is one way these fellows can be tamed.
    BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    a CONSUMER and RTI activist
    ALIGARH, U.P.
    Officially Certified A Grade by DoPT

Quote Originally Posted by bimal kumar khemani View Post
    the penalty or compensation as paid by any pio or faa has got no any relation with the service book and these ghooskhor may not hesitate to part a little part of the money earned but definately any disciplinary action goes and recorded in service book and for any adverse entry in their service book may stop their promotions, for which they dare.
    This is one way these fellows can be tamed.
    very correct. They dont fear fines as they earn a lot a make provisions for fine also. The only way to tame them is disciplinary action. The action shpuld be also demotion in service or removal from service

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries

Dear Kushal,
    It’s a very good idea as far as point No. (2) & (3) are concerned.
    The compiled information bank would help a RTI user immensely to search (key word, subject wise etc.) decisions relevant to his case.
    However, for point No. (1), I am not really very convinced as to how it would be useful to an RTI user.
    The RTI user does not face problems in sending an application including fee, the real problem lies in his ignorance about the various provisions of the Act. The common RTI user does not know :
    (1) Potential of RTI Act-2005 and its limitations.
    (2) How to phrase his queries and file the application and do the follow up, if any.
    This forum is doing a wonderful work and I wish its activities expand and more and more people become aware of it and access it. I have following suggestions :
    (1) The users of this forum at times have been posting their problems, ideas etc. regarding RTI Act-2005, if a info-bank is made out of these small comments received and a compiled version could be presented before CIC/SICs in the form of a document/paper, it would have an impact. Also this forum as a follow up can forward it to the Govt. of the day for consideration and appropriate amendment of the Act.
    (2) This forum need to be made more visible. Can mini-marathons and road-shows with People- Govt. participation be organized to begin with in the Metros and latter on expanded to district levels. This would not only provide visibility but spread awareness on the presence of RTIINDIA.org down the line. The immediate return would be that the Public Authorities would know that a “watchdog” is there to watch them on behalf of common rti user..
    (3) I am not sure, if this can be done, Can this forum take up the case -follow up on behalf of the applicant, after the application has been filed by the applicant? This would be a very big job in terms of sheer quantity only. I am envisaging on-line interventions to start with and ultimately to have a net work on the pattern of a free National RTI Service Helpline – A charity. And we have to think about the funding of this kind of operations too.
    thnks

7. Re: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

Quote Originally Posted by nk agarwal View Post
    (2) This forum need to be made more visible. Can mini-marathons and road-shows with People- Govt. participation be organized to begin with in the Metros and latter on expanded to district levels. This would not only provide visibility but spread awareness on the presence of RTIINDIA.org down the line. The immediate return would be that the Public Authorities would know that a “watchdog” is there to watch them on behalf of common rti user

(3) I am not sure, if this can be done, Can this forum take up the case -follow up on behalf of the applicant, after the application has been filed by the applicant? This would be a very big job in terms of sheer quantity only. I am envisaging on-line interventions to start with and ultimately to have a net work on the pattern of a free National RTI Service Helpline – A charity. And we have to think about the funding of this kind of operations too.
    thnks
    Agarwalji, it appears that you have mixed up the discussion on Improvement of RTI Act with that of Site Feedback.

At RTI India, we have set for ourselves certain boundaries. This portal is meant only as a discussion forum for near-perfect interpretation of the RTI Act and also to help and guide members on their various RTI Act related issues.

We have no intention of straying beyond our boundaries to venture into other forms of RTI activism that you have suggested.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries

I hope I have not misunderstood Mr. Kushal's post.
    I thoght the post was to collect feedback about the Forum?

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android