Arun Agrawal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

While having sympathies for Rajneesh, I opine that waiver of Rs 10 RTI application fee is not the answer , neither is e-mail as most ( smaller) hospitals and clinics do not use internet services , simply because they do not need them . Moreover, most of the hospitals /clinics -more particularly in suburban and rural areas are private unaided entities , so RTI would not apply to them anyway . The answer really lies in making the system - where life and liberty of a citizen is involved - work faster . Maybe red colour forms should be used so as to distinguish them from the rotuine white coloured, spelling D A N G E R .

› Find content similar to: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS .

Name:
    Rajneesh Madhok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Every year during summer & rainy seasons thousands of people die in Phagwara due to water borne diseases

From the last so many years I am highlighting the problems that due to mixing of drinking water with sewerage water in low lying areas of the town the epidemic of water borne diseases spread in the town and the deaths in that period is in hundreds every year. But the administration, municipal council and the health department has nothing to do. The flood like situation occurs in the slum areas and with the heaps of garbage the low lying areas of the town came in the clutches of the diseases. Last year also the people protested when hundreds of people died due to water borne diseases. What the administration did. Nothing, the assurance that the wide pipe has been planted and this year there will be no problem. But I shall show you that in the rainy season again the problem of diarhoea and other water borne diseases will spread and there will not be anybody to check this menace.

Now kindly tell me the life of the citizens are more important than Rs. 10/- or not. What administration did in the last so many years. We submitted numerous applications under RTI but the only response we get is that we have no record how many patients died this year due to water borne diseases. The administration is mum. What is the solution kindly suggest.

Rajneesh Madhok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arun_agrawal View Post
    If internet users are indeed 47 million - a figure that needs to be verified - and even if 47,000 users go through the internet to pay the fees , there will be much less paperwork and accounting involved .
    if someone were to pay through a demand draft or a postal order or cash, what is teh great paper work involved?

how would accounting become less if payment is made through internet?

Name:
    Sunil Ahya
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

I believe a huge investment by the Government of India (reasonably comparable to budget allocation on defense forces) on implementation of sec. 4 of the RTI Act, would be a worthwhile investment, which would propel India towards E-Governance.

Whereas Past is we all should learn from, Present is we all should strengthen and Future is we all should nurture.
    Last edited by Sunil Ahya; 26-04-09 at 09:19 PM.
    "A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers." - H. L. Mencken.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arun_agrawal View Post
    As re: Mr H K Dubey, the mistake he committed was that he filled up the name of the payee on the I.P.O. And I do not agree with the suggestion to send the information/document copies by VPP/VPL . One would land up incurring higher charges
    It was not mistake my friend Giving ablank Ipo is wrong after all when there is an Order why PIO will not obey it. I sent it as Postal Order but one can send it by DD and a DD cannot be drawn blank. That is the reason I filled it becoz I want that Pio should know they should not return an application on that ground. I have already appealed too for that and written to a complaint to CIC.
    You are correct That VPL cost will be more hence not feasible.

Name:
    Arun Agrawal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

[quote=R Madhok;56295]Every year during summer & rainy seasons thousands of people die in Phagwara due to water borne diseases

The administration is mum. What is the solution kindly suggest.

Rajneesh : Let us realise that RTI is not the panacea for all kinds of ills that prevail in our society .
    In this particular case, it is the Administration which has to move. If you would forward to me via email/courier copies of the representations that you have sent to the concerned authorities in recent months/years, I will take care of it, post elections .

Name:
    Arun Agrawal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Referring to this Post ( 155 ) from Shri H K Dubey .

"It was not mistake my friend Giving ablank Ipo is wrong after all when there is an Order why PIO will not obey it. I sent it as Postal Order but one can send it by DD and a DD cannot be drawn blank. That is the reason I filled it becoz I want that Pio should know they should not return an application on that ground. I have already appealed too for that and written to a complaint to CIC.
    You are correct That VPL cost will be more hence not feasible."

First of all let is not compare drafts which are issued in particular names with I.P.O.s which are issued blank for the purchasers tro fill in as they want.

No one will ask for a draft for Rs.10 be prepared . If it will be got issued by my bank, ABN AMRO for instance, they will charge a minimum of Rs.100, if not more as their commission .

I have sent blank POs to Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Registrar of Cooperative Societies, Delhi Police (Crime Branch) , Office of the Lt Governor, Delhi , District Courts, Gautam Buidh Nagar District U P ,alongwith RTI application forms . No one returned them on the grounds that payee/PIO's name was not mentioned in them.

Many PAs are yet to implement CIC orders to designate Accounts Officers who would accept the RTI fees . That is why, , if one is not sure, it would be better to check first by phoning the concerned office/PIO or else to send blank IPOs .

Name:
    Arun Agrawal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First of all no one got a draft for Rs.10 prepared simply because the chrgaes for making a bank draft for Rs.10 would be much more than the value of the draft itself .

What I meant by paperwork was the unnecessary utilisation of manpower in doing some things manually which can be easily and perfectly done by the computers with no element of mistake . We are saving reams of paper in printing application forms and saving on postage, and we are saving paper on issue of receipts , and we are reducing the burden of the PIOs/Cashiers/RTI staff in nissuing endless receipts ( as in the case of the Office of Registrar of Cooperative Societies ) .
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 27-04-09 at 08:14 PM.