Topic Identifier

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

Re: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

Quote Originally Posted by arun_agrawal View Post
    Referring to this Post ( 155 ) from Shri H K Dubey .

"It was not mistake my friend Giving ablank Ipo is wrong after all when there is an Order why PIO will not obey it. I sent it as Postal Order but one can send it by DD and a DD cannot be drawn blank. That is the reason I filled it becoz I want that Pio should know they should not return an application on that ground. I have already appealed too for that and written to a complaint to CIC.
    You are correct That VPL cost will be more hence not feasible."

First of all let is not compare drafts which are issued in particular names with I.P.O.s which are issued blank for the purchasers tro fill in as they want.

No one will ask for a draft for Rs.10 be prepared . If it will be got issued by my bank, ABN AMRO for instance, they will charge a minimum of Rs.100, if not more as their commission .

I have sent blank POs to Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Registrar of Cooperative Societies, Delhi Police (Crime Branch) , Office of the Lt Governor, Delhi , District Courts, Gautam Buidh Nagar District U P ,alongwith RTI application forms . No one returned them on the grounds that payee/PIO's name was not mentioned in them.

Many PAs are yet to implement CIC orders to designate Accounts Officers who would accept the RTI fees . That is why, , if one is not sure, it would be better to check first by phoning the concerned office/PIO or else to send blank IPOs .
    Dear arun,
    First of thanks for the reply. I was knowing this is going to happen but I wanted it. Some one has to bell the cat they have to obey the orders of CIC, For that only I sent it like that. Today it is regarding the payee name tommorrow it may be some thing else, Why not to check it from now? They must update themself with the orders of CIC.

Name:
    manasi kumari dash

A good idea. May I suggest one
    1- Publishing details of RTI fees on internet. DD details--in who's favor
    RTI India is already doing a great job by providing support. Developing it as a nodal agency is great.

Name:
    manasi kumari dash

Originally Posted by arun_agrawal View Post
    Referring to this Post ( 155 ) from Shri H K Dubey . Regarding RTI fees.

DD making is really difficult Bank charges at least more that 4-5 times the amoung of 10 Rs. Well, you can rely on Corporation Bank for this, they charge 11 on 10. But, the person at counter no doubt looks at you with a surprise.
    And of course calling the Ministry or Dept. to know in who's favor,at the first hand is dire necessity for this.

Dear all
    why to talk about DD, we can make the payment through Indian Postal Order, which is also as good as DD and the applicant is required to pay only Re.1/- as commission.
    As RTI worker I purchase 10/15 Postal order at a time and save my time to go to Post offices every now and then.
    BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    a CONSUMER and RTI activist
    ALIGARH, U.P.
    Officially Certified A Grade by DoPT

Quote Originally Posted by Bimal Kumar Khemani View Post
    Dear all
    why to talk about DD, we can make the payment through Indian Postal Order, which is also as good as DD and the applicant is required to pay only Re.1/- as commission.
    As RTI worker I purchase 10/15 Postal order at a time and save my time to go to Post offices every now and then.
    Thanks Mr Bimal, I am working in a bank and DD cost nothing to me still I prefer IPO as there are places where Our branches are not located. I too purchase IPO in bunches of 10/15 at a time. I sent IPO where the Payees name was filled, only to make them understand that there is an office memorandum too, to receive IPO payable to Accounts officer and no other designation.as an RTI activist I have to do that,

That is correct. The PIOs should be made aware of the DOP&T's instructions. They should respect it. They should make their own arrangement to encash such IPOs instead of returning them to the info seeker.

Dear Friends
    As per Govt. orders, the receipts under RTI i.e. application Fee and further fee are supposed to be deposited in treasury under the Head 0070, so whatever the PIO receives by way of CASH, DD or IPO are to be sent to the Govt. treasury every month.
    Now it would be the treasury people to encash/transfer the amount of DD/IPO.
    BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    a CONSUMER and RTI activist
    ALIGARH, U.P.
    Officially Certified A Grade by DoPT

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries

Mr. Tarus,
    Who would do it?
    Not the applicant or the RTI ACt-2005 user.
    How he can do it?
    It is the PA under whom the PIO is to make the corrective measures.
    or the Applicant has to bring out this in his 1st and 2nd appeals.
    Still the point is bringing out such point in focus may dilute the main thrust of the issues in the 1st and 2nd appeals.
    It is PA who has little or no regards for the provisions of RTI Act-2005 and the PIO cannot do anything about it till he belongs to the same department.
    I had said in one of my earlier posts that the PIOs and FAAs should be from other departments so that they can work independently without fear and favour from the PAs.
    Last edited by nk agarwal; 06-05-09 at 06:12 AM. Reason: corrections

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android