Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

Dear Nk
    If your suggestions are accepted, than non of us can get any information. Since the person of the other department is not the custodian of the information, he will be dependant on the APIO of the department and as you know the babus in all the govt. offices are so cleverthat they will make the PIO a football

› Find content similar to: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    a CONSUMER and RTI activist
    ALIGARH, U.P.
    Officially Certified A Grade by DoPT

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My friend I had already appealed to FAA regarding the return of IPO and after that I had arranged to send three RTI appliaction with same informations and Payee as Accounts officer. The second one is also returned by APIO and there too we are appealing. I have decided to send 30 RTI application IPO will be favouring accounts officer and in all the cases there will be appeal if necessary to 2nd appeallate too. There is one extra query in all the application.

Name:
    Bimal Kumar Khemani
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Dubey
    I would advice you to kindly refer to the DOPT circular no. or attach a print out with your next RTI with IPO.
    BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    ALIGARH, U.P.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bimal Kumar Khemani View Post
    Dear Dubey
    I would advice you to kindly refer to the DOPT circular no. or attach a print out with your next RTI with IPO.
    Dear sri Khemani I am eager to go through the circular you mentioned but probably you forgot to write the number. Any way can you attach the circular. As such I had already sent a copy of office memorandum dated 23/03/2007 and No. CIC/AA/A/2008/011 Dated: 17<SUP>th March, 2008 Where it is as follows. Inspite of that they are not receiving it.
    </SUP>

7. According to the Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005 as amended by the Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2006, the approved mode of payment of fee for obtaining information is by cash or demand draft or bankerís cheque or Indian Postal Order payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority. Non-acceptance of fee by way of Indian Postal Order or insistence that the demand draft/bankerís cheque/Indian PostalOrder should be drawn in the name of any officer other than the Accounts Officer of the public authority is not in line with the provisions of the Rules.

Name:
    Bimal Kumar Khemani
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good Morning Mr. Dubey,
    I thought that you will search the site of DOPT. Still the circular no is No.F.10/9/2008-IR
    Dated: the 5th December, 2008, and the relavent portion is appended below:
    2. Refusal to accept an application on the ground that the demand draftlbanker's
    cheque/IPO submitted by the applicant has been drawn in the name of the Accounts
    Officer may amount totefusal to accept the application. It may result into imposition
    of penalty by the Central Information Commission on the concerned Central Public
    Information Officer under Section 20 of the Act. All the public authorities should)
    therefore, ensure that payment of fee by demand draftlbanker's cheque/IPO made
    payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority is not denied.

I am sure the above circular is very clear.
    BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    ALIGARH, U.P.

Name:
    Rajneesh Madhok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sir,
    Now most of the departments have issued circulars and forwarded the copy of DOPT O.M. No. 10/9/2008-IR dated 05-12-2008 for information, compliance and necessary action. As in the notification it is clearly mentioned that the Fees in the mode of DD/ banker’s Cheque or IPO can be paid. The department can not insist on paying the amount to Drawing and Disbursing officer. Kindly go through the following circular.

http://www.csir.res.in/CSIR/External...nts/cir457.pdf

Rajneesh Madhok,
    B-xxx/63, Nehru Nagar,
    St. No. 2, Railway Road,
    Phagwara-144401 (Pb)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Friend. I sent all the circulars e:g OM No. 1/2/2007 Dated 23/03/2007 , OM No F.10/9/2008-IR Dated 5th December 2008, even one decided case No. CIC/AA/A/2008/011 Dated: 17<SUP>th </SUP>March, 2008 inspite of that they are doing like this so I had left with no aother alternative then filing an appeal and complaining to CIC. Any one other than this idea plz write me

Name:
    Arun Agrawal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bimal Kumar Khemani View Post
    Dear Nk
    If your suggestions are accepted, than non of us can get any information. Since the person of the other department is not the custodian of the information, he will be dependant on the APIO of the department and as you know the babus in all the govt. offices are so clever that they will make the PIO a football
    I express my agreement with the comments of Shri Bimal Khemani . Although it is accepted that FAAs generally support PIOs who belong to the same organisation/department, it must also be realised that FAAs know the working of their organisation/department and are, therefore,
    better placed to handle the appeals efficiently .

Indeed , the procedure suggested by Mr NK will result in getting the First Appeals passed on from one Department to the other .

We have to understand that the system continues to evolve, and these kidns of complaints may not be there in next 12 months. The complaints will still be there, but their nature will change with the passage of time as no system is perfect .
    STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS .