subhash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

The time CIC takes these days in entertaining complaints, appeals from the public is astronomical. A complaint filed by me in August 2009 is yet to be acknowledged by it or to be found amongst its registered cases shown on its website. Even when now all the ICs are appointed and functioning, if it takes CIC takes months together to even acknowledge receipt of a new cases (what to talk of taking action on it), I am afraid the purpose of RTI Act is going to be defeated. The public may have to face another court or tribunal like body where cases linger on and on before being heard.
    I have also observed that ICs like Sharma Ji is saving on issuing detailed orders and issues cryptic ones. Minimum effort is put in resolving the matter. So after a long wait when the matter is finally heard in the CIC, it is hushed up in no time.
    The Govt. should conduct some research study to evaluate the functioning of the CIC and take corrective steps to improve its functioning.

› Find content similar to: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

Name:
    subhash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

While the govt is teaching austerity to its ministers, a new trend in wasting Govt. money is seen followed in RTI cases. I requested two different organisations for copies of documents. In reply both sent speed post replies asking me to deposit cost of photocopying as further fee. In one case the further fee was Rs. 18/-, in the other Rs. 8/-. After I deposited the further fee, the said copies were sent to me by speed post. Thus both the departments spend more on postage than the cost realised from me. A right thinking PIO should have despatched the desired copies in the first instance itself. May be a govt order is needed asking for to forgo ‘further fee’ if it is less than the cost to be incurred on postage. Will the Govt. listen.

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a tricky situation.
    I think where the cost of copies is less than the postage, the fee for copies should be wiaved. But for this, provision has to exist in the RTI Act-2005. - This calls for necessary amendment to the Act.
    Of his own no Govt. oficial can act and decide to waive the fee

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FROM MY ExPerience I am writing this. I asked certain information to one PIO and I could not get the correct reply the dta were misleading and he has avoided too. I appealed to FAA.who becomes the next senior to the PIO and in his judgement he supported what Pio has done though it is contrary to the act. Hence it is my request that the FAA should not be only senior to the Pio but also should be from the Higher Office too. Or else the boss wants to safe guard his junior and the applicant, unnecessary have to waste time and money in filing appealto CIC New Delhi or else have to keep quite.

Name:
    Bimal Kumar Khemani
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Moderated content
    Last edited by Shrawan; 21-09-09 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Sweeping statements deleted
    BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    a CONSUMER and RTI activist
    ALIGARH, U.P.
    Officially Certified A Grade by DoPT

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Bimal,

Please post in English only since that is the official language of the forum.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Bimal Kumar Khemani
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since there is a Hindi corner in the site, I took the opportunity.Still posting the English version also

We have also the similiar experience, with a little difference.The time has come, all the citizen should wake u.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 21-09-09 at 10:17 AM. Reason: moderated
    BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    a CONSUMER and RTI activist
    ALIGARH, U.P.
    Officially Certified A Grade by DoPT

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bimal Kumar Khemani View Post
    Since there is a Hindi corner in the site, I took the opportunity.Still posting the English version also

We have also the similiar experience, with a little difference. The time has come, all the citizen should wake up.
    You are right it is the time all citizen should wake up. They must remember that they are Public servant not Master of Public. They behave as master of Public.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 21-09-09 at 10:18 AM. Reason: moderated