Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

Thanks. We all & our Forums must think of this position & do some thing. Please, see my letters to President in my Blog.
    Ruparelia.

› Find content similar to: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

Name:
    satya
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Right to information by its meaning may suggest that we have a right equivalent to fundamental right to ask any information from the governmet authorities on their functioning.
    I beg to differ in the logic to give us the right to information. I personally think that it is the govt's duty to give information more than our right to information.
    There is a requirement of a law to display the information concerned with all govt schemes. Now its high time that all the information is available on the govt web site for scrutiny by its people who have elected the govt. If an information is available in the dusty files of the officialdom then there should be a vision to convert all this data in online form so that all of uas can acess it online and requirement of asking it from the govt should be based on the facts available online.

In this way there wil be more transparency. The liability of furnishing information should lie on the govt rather than we should be required to get it through RTI.

Following can be done in this regard:
    1. Specify at all levels in the govt offices what all data to be maintained.
    2. This data should so us how the tax payers money has been spent. Some will say that are you asking for the budget report? I would say definitely not. When i am in village i should know how much money the got has spent on what all schemes in my village.
    3. This information should be made available before commencement of a scheme so that people can monitor during the implementation reather than after the project or scheme is completed.
    4. The availabilty of the information at the lowest level of governance is a must for this system to work.
    5. A format should be prepared for all govt offices and it should be compulsary for them to fill it and make it available online.
    6. It may seem to be difficult in the first instance but one format at the lowest level can be scaled for all. For example say food grains distributed to a village. Once the data is available for the lowest level then it is just the adding of all the data of all villages to get the data for the tehsil. Add for the tehsils to get for the district. Add for the District too get data for the State. Thus the data can be seen , analysed and compared at all the levels to find out the problem areas. This way there will be no pilferage of govt funds from top to bottom. Though there will be pilferage in terms of the corruption bu at least it will be ensured that whatever starts from top reaches the bottom.
    7. For the schemes which can not be monitored in this way, for example the contract for construction of a road. The tendering and contracts process should be made to be done compulsory online. This will enable us to know who are the contractors, what are the amounts and what are the conditions of the contracts.

Name:
    Bimal Kumar Khemani
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Friends
    I think if the following two are followed by all the Public Authorities, all the problems as raised under RTI can be sorted out.

1.The Public Records Act,1993,
    2.Manual of Office Procedures

So let us start some campaign for implemantation of the above strictly
    BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    a CONSUMER and RTI activist
    ALIGARH, U.P.
    Officially Certified A Grade by DoPT

Ref Post # 191
    Excellant post Mr Mnsukhlal. I fully agree with your views. Really good suggestions. Each one of the suggestion is worth considering by Govt. Please also provide the link to your blog.

Name:
    Mansukhlal
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pl see RTI India-M.V.Ruparelia or any of the following:-
    G Mail Blogger:Ruparelia`s Blog
    mvrup's blog - Broadcasting my thoughts
    Blog in www.verdurez.com/M V Ruparelia
    With Best Wishes,
    Ruparelia

Name:
    charlie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The RTI ACT should be amended to accept the applications online through a centralized application system which has the facility

1.To file RTI applications and FWD to concerned.

2. Able to accept online payments from banks in India or CC recognized by RBI

3.Tracking details of the application.

4. If possible keeping the identity of applicant encrypted (So that he may escape any attempt on life or/and property from the miscreants )

Charlie,
    Your suggestions are good. If implemented these will strengthen the working of RTI. But a centralised working like this may delay the collection and dissemination of the information sought for. It may also require to increase the time limit for supplying information from the present 30 days to atleast 45 days. That may require amendment of the Act. In fact we dont want any amendment to the Act right now. If one amendment is justified, in that guise many more undesirable amenments may also be forced. People are waiting to push in such damaging amendments!

Name:
    Bimal Kumar Khemani
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dexter View Post
    The RTI ACT should be amended to accept the applications online through a centralized application system which has the facility

1.To file RTI applications and FWD to concerned.

2. Able to accept online payments from banks in India or CC recognized by RBI

3.Tracking details of the application.

4. If possible keeping the identity of applicant encrypted (So that he may escape any attempt on life or/and property from the miscreants )
    Dear friends,
    Though the suggestion s of Charlie are excellent.
    But the NO WORK CULTURE as developed in our system will jeopardize all the efforts and help the RTI to die its own death.
    BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    a CONSUMER and RTI activist
    ALIGARH, U.P.
    Officially Certified A Grade by DoPT