Thread: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

Name:
    Gajanan Phadte
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Suggestion for improvement of RTI Act and it's functionality

Do whatever, u cannot improve the RTI process as long as retired judges who does not know office procedures, sit in the ICs position.

I have realized this after third hearing of my complaint.
    I am sorry to say this - The IC does not know the office procedure.

Why do I say this?
    IC does not know the following...
    A file that was opened in 1994 cannot have all the papers that r dated 2005 and later.

Name:
    Sharad S. Phadke
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arun_agrawal View Post
    Referring to this Post ( 155 ) from Shri H K Dubey .

"It was not mistake my friend Giving ablank Ipo is wrong after all when there is an Order why PIO will not obey it. I sent it as Postal Order but one can send it by DD and a DD cannot be drawn blank. That is the reason I filled it becoz I want that Pio should know they should not return an application on that ground. I have already appealed too for that and written to a complaint to CIC.
    You are correct That VPL cost will be more hence not feasible."

First of all let is not compare drafts which are issued in particular names with I.P.O.s which are issued blank for the purchasers tro fill in as they want.

No one will ask for a draft for Rs.10 be prepared . If it will be got issued by my bank, ABN AMRO for instance, they will charge a minimum of Rs.100, if not more as their commission .

I have sent blank POs to Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Registrar of Cooperative Societies, Delhi Police (Crime Branch) , Office of the Lt Governor, Delhi , District Courts, Gautam Buidh Nagar District U P ,alongwith RTI application forms . No one returned them on the grounds that payee/PIO's name was not mentioned in them.

Many PAs are yet to implement CIC orders to designate Accounts Officers who would accept the RTI fees . That is why, , if one is not sure, it would be better to check first by phoning the concerned office/PIO or else to send blank IPOs .
    Reserve Bank of India has specificaly stated on their web to pay fees by DD/Cash. "There is no mention of Postal Order" Hence I had spend Rs.65/- to get a draft and 10/- for payment for information. I also had asked why draft they supplied a Xerox of Act which says postal order also.(Raj Patra)
    Till this date there is no modification in the webpage.
    Take this matter to CIC and get a fine order to concern section of RBI. I shall be thankful and say it is a "Success Story"
    You can go and check it your self.
    By the way have you checked in which account they are credited? Our babus may have some secret account where these Postal Orders may be going. I do not think there is any system to check payment through Postal Order.
    Last edited by sharadphadke; 03-05-10 at 02:16 PM. Reason: left answering last para.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colnrkurup View Post
    Dear Mr.Kushal,
    I shall be thankful if you can direct me as to howto postmessagesin this cite
    Col NR Kurup
    It is same, Col Kurup, You can post like this as I am.

Name:
    v.lakshminarayanan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dear mr.kushal
    i saw your posting just now.
    your suggestion that we pool applications may not be practically workable. it will only increase the work load and delay the despatch of the RTI applications.
    secondly, only citizens are allowed to send RTI applications. can a body of persons apply on behalf of the citizen? i think it is not possible.
    the payment is not a problem - you can take Postal order or they have a separate payment receipt for RTI applications now. or you can stick judicial stamps.

Name:
    Sanjay Kumar Mishra
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: If You Can't Afford 'rotti' Eat 'pizza'

Dear Ganpat Ji,

Today's almost all District HQ is modernise and Video Conference is available. This facility is growing day to day towards the Block level. You may find the same as per your suitable area.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Have any one tried ever for and RTI appication from Joint Applicants or from an NGO ? What was fate?

Judicial Stamps only for RTI application to Judiciary.

Quote Originally Posted by lakshminarayanan View Post
    secondly, only citizens are allowed to send RTI applications. can a body of persons apply on behalf of the citizen? i think it is not possible.
    the payment is not a problem - or you can stick judicial stamps.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

I am going to drop an application from Joint Applicants

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Is it appropriate with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Borach View Post
    Actually damage and loss is devastating that time Insurance Claim Adjuster powerful partner who can put you on the path to recovery and walk with you all the way.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android