Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Information Officer direct to approach other authority

Re: Can Information Officer direct to approach other authority

hI
    My issue is I have addressed application to CPIO of a Public Auth of Organzation A about Ex Public Auth OF Organzation A who is public auth of organzation B

Should the CPIO ask information from org anzation B public auth under section 5 or since issues are of organzation A, we are talking here of organzation and not individuals so cpio of orgnaztaion B cannot transfer my application under section 6

Correct me if i am wrong

2. Re: Can Information Officer direct to approach other authority

Vikram, let's keep things simple. If the application does not relate to recepient PIO's PA, he has no option but to forward it to appropriate PIO. If he does not forward it for some reason then he is himself responsible for providing the information.

Sir

the information i seek is of organzation matters of first organzation A and not of issues of next organzation B.

it is just that PA has shifted from A to B.

pio of org A will seek INFO from Org B by sec 5 or sec 6 of issues of Public Auth when he was in org A.

THAT IS THE CONFUSION SEC 5 OR SEC 6

4. Re: Can Information Officer direct to approach other authority

Do you mean the PIO has been shifted from A to B? In that case he will not carry along your application to his new organization. It is the officer holding the position of PIO which is responsible for providing information. Your application will remain with organization A. The new PIO of organization A will have to provide information. Time limit for providing information remains 30 days from the date on which the original PIO received your application. As such, there is no question of any transfer.
    I hope I have correctly understood your query. Feel free to revert if you have further doubt.

Sir

Sorry for confusing you.

It is the public auth that has shifted from organzation A to organzation B.

the information i seek is of public authority issues when he was in org A

I applied for PIO of org A.

The PIO of Org A is saying there are no records held in org A of any decsion making of issues which i had sought of Public Auth when he was in Org A.

Now my query is how to force PIO of Org A to get information from Public Auth as he has now gone in Org B.

PIO of org B will deal with issues of org B.

SO what PIO of Org A does to seek information from public auth who is now of Org B . The information is concerning when that public auth was in org A couple of years back

Thanks

6. Re: Can Information Officer direct to approach other authority

You cannot force PIO of one PA to give information about another PA. Since the transfer has created a complex situation, it makes sense to file a fresh RTI application to the correct PIO rather than worrying about getting the earlier one transferred.

sir you mean to say that i should lodge RTI to new PIO where PA has gone on transfer.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Vikram,

Your posts a very confusing !
    Please clarify what do you mean by PA ?
    Is it "Public Authority" ?
    How can a "Public Authority" or "information" be transferred ?

I mentioned in reply to your post in some other thread:

PIO or any other officer and staff can get transferred. The Public Authority remains.

You have to ask for information to the PIO of the Public Authority which is the custodian of the information you are seeking. From the point of RTI, it is immaterial whether anyone has been transferred are not. Just ask your self "which PA has the information ?" and you will have the answer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast