Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTI coming to Rescue of an Honest Officer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RTI coming to Rescue of an Honest Officer

Somesh Tiwari, An officer of IRS (C&CE) antagonized a lot of senior officers because of his Honest Work. A scheme to neutralize him was cooked up and on flimsy grounds of inquiry he was transfered out. He fought his way with the help of RTI and won the fight.
    One should take lessons from his courage and sticking to his beliefs at the times of ones odd.

You can read the whole judgments of CIC here.
    Decision_15032007_10.pdf

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by maneesh; 30-04-07 at 12:04 PM.

Name:
    Shrawan
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The whole case need to be mentioned for that. I had a talk with him some time back when he happened to come across to meet me. Hopefully he can narrate the full story relating for RTI.

A fine decision by CIC based on a clear-cut logical analysis and interpretation of Sec. 8(1) vis-a-vis Sec. 8 (2).

Kudos to Mr Somesh Tiwari for putting up his fight in such a brave manner. May his tribe increase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: RTI coming to Rescue of an Honest Officer

It is good to learn that honest officers which seem to be a rare commodity today are being given support by RTI!Hari Gautam Obhrai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accept my heartfelt congrats for your success and honesty in this world of corruption . Thanks RTI-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somesh's story should inspire a larger No of officers, who may be facing the wrath of their seniors in discharging their duties. Bravo RTI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats Mr.tiwari.we need several Tiwris to fight corruption

Name:
    shrigopal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes,things are encouraging.I have been issued two charge sheets during February and May 2008 as I have been writing RTI applications to my employer (an insurance company)since June 2007.I have got enough information to challenge their arbitrary decision to suspend me and I have learned the Rules of domestic enquiry overlooked by them. I think because of the RTI Act I have been able to survive and fight back,although I am aware I would have to struggle for years,but those who have self respect,have to make sacrifices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android