Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: non response

1. non response

If the public information officials do not acknowledge nor responds to the applicants query, what is the course of action left to the applicant.

2. Re: non response

under Section 18 (1) (c) if no information is received, the complaint directly lies with CIC/SCIC

3. Re: non response

I had applied to CIC on 29.04.2007 , till date i have not heard, what next , how do i proceed. Please reply.

thanks

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: non response

Murali,

Did you "complain" in the correct format and with the correct number of copies.
    Please check CIC for "status of appeal/complaint." using various search features.
    Please remember that CIC looks at "complaints" and "2nd Appeals".
    Your case is the former.
    If you cannot get anything at the CIC website, might be worth it to check if they really received your application or not.

5. Re: non response

In my case order was pronounced on 3rd July. Information was to be provided within 7 days. On 16th I made a complaint. On 31st I send the email to Chief Information commissioner, who forwarded my mail to IC Tiwari on friday but neither my complaint nor my order is on net. The staff is not regular with their work. My two appeal was delivered to their office personally on 3 July but still the same is also not on web site. The staff of CIC is no different from other bureaucrats. For them Right to Information is Right to Ignore.
    Last edited by Anil Sood; 06-08-07 at 09:46 PM.

6. Re: non response

In our state ,WB Information Commission does not have any website, so it is very difficult to have this type of information.SIC has got a FAX line but any body gets its connection will be lucky.Phone line only one , I tried at least 14 days, but in vain. Really helpless situation. The Secretary is reluctant to discuss anything and it is simply not possible to go at one corner of the City from remote village or distant places. We simply fade up with available"facility" of SIC, and don't know what to do.
    ---- Abhijeet
    Last edited by abhijeet; 10-09-07 at 05:14 AM. Reason: few mistakes in typing

7. Re: non response

Dear Murali,

Do not loose heart. It depends how u had send the Appeal/Complaint by Regd post / courier. Check with your courier people. In april they were shifting from old building to new space. If u want i can check for u. kindly send me your detail and then i will let u know. Now a days also they are shifting from JNU to August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Palace and except 1 Information Commissioner every body else is shifted to new complex. The facilities are not upto mark as on date but in coming days it would be ok. Donot loose heart. My application is pending from 7-3-07 with Chief Information Commissioner and I hope that my application will be taken up only in next month.
    Last edited by Anil Sood; 10-09-07 at 06:41 AM.

8. Re: non response

This is the website of RTI West Bengal - Right To Information ( RTI ) in West Bengal

Here is the address :-

Name : Shri Arun Kumar Bhattacharyya

Address : Bhawani Bhavan,2nd Floor

Kolkata - 700 027
    Phone & Fax : 2479 1966

Email : scic@wb.nic.in

Send your Appeal in triplicate to SIC by registered post or make hand delivery

against receipt.

Only 3 weeks back complainant from remote village near Bangladesh Border

(Bongaon district) got SIC's order of Rs 25,000/- fine to Sub-divisional Health

Officer . How far you stay my friend ?????

You shall have to reach RTI Authority to establish your empowerment with

RTI Act.
    Last edited by Debashis Basu; 10-09-07 at 06:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android