Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any judgement in favour of 3rd Party under 8 (1) (d)

1. Thumbs up Is there any judgement in favour of 3rd Party under 8 (1) (d)

Hey friends,

Does any one know of any judgement of CIC where a company or 3rd party who was asked to whether a authority can provide an info to an applicant and an order is passed by the authority against the 3rd party. The said party has challenged the order of Appellate authority, for with helding information not to be provided by an Appellate authority to any Applicant which is very confidential and private in nature under 8(1) (d) & (J).

I want judgement in favour of company or 3rd party by the CIC or SIC, restricting the Authority to part away with any info called by the applicant as per the order passed by the Authority of providing the same to the Applicant.

Plz do help me and if possible send me the link for the said judgement. I would be thankfull if something related to above is also provided to me.

Plz Help

2. Re: Is there any judgement in favour of 3rd Party under 8 (1) (d)

Hello Rahul,
    The first para of your query is unclear to me. Can you elaborate?

3. Thumbs up Re: Is there any judgement in favour of 3rd Party under 8 (1) (d)

The matter is like this.

There was an request by an applicant for some info from the CPIO. Which was with the authority an U/s 11 the CPIO asked permission from the 3rd party, to whether he can give the info to applicant. the 3rd party (comapny) refused. The CPIO passed an order against the 3rd party, an said that he will provide the info.

The 3rd party filed an application against the order which was subsequently against the 3rd party and allowed the CPIO to provide the info to the applicant.

Against this the 3rd party is planning to file an appeal before CIC.
    Grounds taken are u/s 8 (1) (d) & (J).

So i want to know is there any judgement or decision of CIC or SIC in favour of the 3rd party or a company beign aggreived by the order of 1st appellate authority and CPIO for giving away any info which will affect then in regard to confidentiality, IPR, Trade secrets etc.

Plz help me in this an also ask others if they have any idea for same.

Thank you for your reply.

4. Re: Is there any judgement in favour of 3rd Party under 8 (1) (d)

Such matters depend on the overwhelming nature of the public interest or otherwise in respect of the information sought for. The very fact that the CPIO and the AA have decided against the objection of the third party gives me a clue on the importance of the public interest outweighing the private confidentiality claim of the third party in this matter.

However you can try a search of the decisions at the cic website for specific citations, if any, in favour of the third party.

5. Re: Is there any judgement in favour of 3rd Party under 8 (1) (d)

Sir,

That what my query was. I wanted any judgement where the information of 3rd party is objected by that party and CIC or SIC has held it valid.

In the case i want to mention that both CPIO and AA has not recorded the Public interest satisfication.

6. Re: Is there any judgement in favour of 3rd Party under 8 (1) (d)

I have asked my organization regarding the copy of caste certificate attached by my colleague . my organisation refused to part it stating that it is 3rd party information.
    I want to know whether it is really a 3rd party information.

7. Re: Is there any judgement in favour of 3rd Party under 8 (1) (d)

Neil for this i want to know what have they said specifically in the order.Are you working in a Govt Company?. Is the order passed by a CPIO?. Has they sent any communication to 3rd party u/s 11 (1) of RTI, ACT?. What had you asked in your application. Plz provide me with detials or contact me and i will try and help you out.
    Rahul Jain
    Article Clerk
    Crawford bayley & Co
    Mumbai - 23

Effort is important, but knowing where to make an effort in your life makes
    all the difference

8. Re: Is there any judgement in favour of 3rd Party under 8 (1) (d)

The Caste cirtificate is not a confidential information. It is a public document. You have a right to see it. Just tell me what stand your company has taken i.e exemption U/s 8 under RTI ACT.
    Rahul Jain
    Article Clerk
    Crawford bayley & Co
    Mumbai - 23

Effort is important, but knowing where to make an effort in your life makes
    all the difference

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast