Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question so the RTI is having everyone busy?

i hear that there is a lot of requests pending in the department that services this act. it may be due to laziness or willful negligence of the concerned officials about providing information to the people.
    so how to the information what we want from the government without having to wait as if we have criminal case pen ding in the supreme court.

› Find content similar to: so the RTI is having everyone busy?

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: so the RTI is having everyone busy?

I am not sure if I understood fully your issue. Generally with RTI the applications are not pending with departments especially with CPIO as there has been strict enforcement of providing the information within 30 days.

As has been discussed before this forum, it is at 2nd Appeal; the CIC that the pend ency is piling up due to shear magnitude of appeals that are been generated, and the complaints been filed.

And I am moving this thread to 'RTI General Discussion'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: so the RTI is having everyone busy?

It is good if the RTI is getting the lazy officials out of lethargy! The CIC seems to be quite pro active though some States are laggards!I am still optimistic that this revolutionary Legislation will soon help us develop a proper transparent system.Some time is required as Old habits (of bureaucrats )Die hard. Hari Gautam Obhrai

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android