Thread: Wants to know the position of transfer orders by ordinance factory board by using RTI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hello.
    thanks. There are 40 ordnance factories under, Ordnance factory board kolkatta. Min of defense (Production).Usually Non gazetted officers and group B gazetted officers are being tranfered within these factory.Up till now the transfers of these categories were on promotion basis And one use to enjoy the right to forgo the promotion if it is uncomfortable to any body to go on transfer.

But now the OFB has changed the policy it seems. Now the OFB is usually promoting these cadre in same station. And after convinent time the transfer list is ordered in existing grades. As such it seems there is no policy or criteria of transfers. there is lot of partiality and irregularities are observed while making these transfers. Some employees are enjoying soft stations more than 3o-35 years. and probably entire there service.

And some of them are facing frequent transfers even they are worked in hard stations.Even transfer orders are published.some people manages cancel or postpone them forever by influencing the higher officers.And in this process innocents who had no influence are getting victimizes even they have got valid reasons and excuses.I feel it is the same situation of transfer policy in maharashtra state.for which Honorable Mr. Anna Hazare fought with govt. As there were fraudulent behavior from State government official including corruption.The demand for Right to information Act was upheld ed by many people from such episodes.The same situation is developed in central govt organist ion. like OFB .

If some body wants to know the position of these transfer orders being executed factory wise by using RTI what is the way to get informations.

Now for example in some of the factories The employees under transfers have managed to cancel there orders by the way of useing ifluences or manages to postpone the orders years together in the name of Exigency of service. I request the members to understand this issue though i have explained it crudely. And guide me to get information from GMs of Three ordance factories situated in pune and tell me how to proceed.

I am Victim of such situation and When I was transfered The situation was made such that which enforced me to put up VR. and I am retired person now. thanks you. Hope to receive favorable guidance please.

› Find content similar to: Wants to know the position of transfer orders by ordinance factory board by using RTI

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Wants to know the position of transfer orders by ordinance factory board by using RTI

Hello,
    To know about the information, you need to ask these questions:
    1. The transfer policy for the respective years, and if different for each Ordnance factories.
    2. The number of Officials transferred during these years.
    3. The grounds of transfer of these employees. usually rotational transfers have a set guidelines.
    4. The deviation of those guidelines if done for any specific employees.
    5. Those who have been re-considered after the rotational transfers, and the grounds for the same.
    This will give you a fair idea about the rotational transfer issued by the Board/factories and the deviation thereof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Wants to know the position of transfer orders by ordinance factory board by using RTI

Quote Originally Posted by mushtak View Post
    hello.
    Min of defense (Production).
    But now the OFB has changed the policy it seems. Now the OFB is usually promoting these cadre in same station. And after convinent time the transfer list is ordered in existing grades.

Even transfer orders are published.some people manages cancel or postpone them forever by influencing the higher officers.And in this process innocents who had no influence are getting victimizes even they have got valid reasons and excuses.Hope to receive favorable guidance please.
    I am sorry to hear that you had to put in your papers for VRS. Now note, the CVC had issued an order in 1966 regarding Transparency in Government Offices. I am sorry I dont have the reference numbers with me now, but just that it was in 1966. The order clearly specified a tenure for all Government Employees. For instance Group A officers cannot be retained in the same station for more than 4 years and had to be transferred immeidately on completion. Similar period was spelt out for different cadres.

This rule even applied to the duty assignment. Group B non gazetted and Group C staff should not be retained in the same seat for more than 3 years if it has something to with public dealings (Viz sales, stores, transport etc). The period is 4 years for all posts.

Regarding folks representing against transfers, last year the Hon Supreme Court gave a land mark judgement, which stated that the staff member had to join the new place of transfer first before filing a representation against the transfer. This way, the staff had to be relieve immediately.

Will try to get hold of these references and post later.

Best wishes

Manoj

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

last year the Hon Supreme Court gave a land mark judgment, which stated that the staff member had to join the new place of transfer first before filing a representation against the transfer. This way, the staff had to be relieve immediately.
    Can you do me a favor to let me know about this case detail!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kushal View Post
    Will try to provid in 1-2 days. Further will also provide details on the CVC Orders.

Manoj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thankhs to Kushal and manoj for their valuable replies to my post. It has encouraged me to proceed further. I shall come to you through mails to get more guidence. pl. forword your e-mail Id to seek me personal help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kushal View Post
    Supreme Court of India, CS NO.280 of 2003; S.C. Saxena v/s Union of India and another, SCC(L&S) 1890 date of Judgement 21.02.2006

A Government servant cannot disobey a transfer by not reporting at the place of posting and then go to Court to ventilate his grievance. It is his duty to first report for work where he is transferred and make a representation as to what may be his personal problems. Such tendency of not reporting at place of posting and indulging inlitigation needs to be curbed.

Name:
    A.P.MISRA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is no transfer policy in OFB. Who ever has contacts can manage his/her transfer or retention.The issue was discussed with earlier Chairman/OFB and he had expressed his difficulty about the transfers. There are cases where a person was transferred to a station which he did not like to go and wanted some other station.Request was not acceded. The person did not go he was S.O.S. but he remained in the same station for eleven months. Subsequently using his contacts he landed in the factory of his choice after eleven months.So it must be clear to you about the policy. I will post subsequently with my story also.