Topic Identifier

Thread: When should I get reply under RTI?

1. When should I get reply under RTI?

I wanted to know what is the maximum day when I can expect a reply from CPIO? Why am I asking is that someone told me that the reply is 30 days and some says it's 35 days?

2. no reply from RTI team?

3. Hello,
    This is a community place and you must not expect an answer from us in 5 minutes.
    Coming back to your question:
    The maximum time the CPIO should reply is 30 days. However when the application is routed through ACPIO, they shall transfer the application to CPIO then in such case the application shall be processed in 35 days from the receipt of original application from ACPIO.

4. It means that to get a speedy reply we must directly launch a conplaint at CPIO?

5. Offcourse you can draw the inference

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: When should I get reply under RTI?

I recommend Mr.Jeevan to get hold of a copy of "The Righ to Information Act,2005 (22 of 2005), and go through it first. There are many in this Forum who will be happy to clarify your doubts provided to are willing to take some effort.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android