Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

1. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

Good Work Karira

2. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

One of my friend asked for the caste certificate of his college, the same was denied by administration saying that it is a personal information.
    1) is administration is right or he has to appeal for the same.

3. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

Nile,did your friend asked for the details of caste certificate pertaining to himself or somebody else? Please specify.

4. Thumbs up Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

nile

I am not agree with the reply given to you by the public authority. In my view they can have shelter of Section 7(9) of the RTI Act for some time but they have to provide information.

5. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

Ganpat
    my friend has asked for the details of caste certificate pertaining to somebody else

6. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

Section 8 (e)
    provides for exemption from disclosure of information.

information available to a person in his fiduciary relationship, unless the competent authority is satisfied that the larger public interest warrants the disclosure of such information;

Does the CPIO has cited this section in the rejection?

7. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

Quote Originally Posted by maneesh View Post
    Section 8 (e)
    provides for exemption from disclosure of information.

Does the CPIO has cited this section in the rejection?
    Maneesh, I doubt if the PIO has taken shelter under this clause. However, he still cannot take shelter under this clause as the applicant has asked for Caste Certificate of a particular employee. This is a public document as its issued by a distinguished authority and wouldnt fall under personal document.

Though there is no need for the applicant to give any reason, he can always claim that he fears that the caste certificate could be fake etc. and want to check it out. Further, caste certificate also play a role in promotion and transfers of employees. In there case there should be a certain amount of fair play, which the CIC in many cases ruled against the excemption and allowed the disclosure.

So inspection and if required attested photocopy of caste certificate can be allowed.

Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

Quote Originally Posted by sunil sri View Post
    kushal,

I meant to say 'information relating to No. of personnel employed, date of employment and their designation etc'
    this is obligatory part of any organisation under sec 4(b) of RTI ACT 2005.
    you must be provided this sort of information. If not you can approach the commission to take disciplinary action against the PIO concerned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android