Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

1. information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

Dear all,

Please let me know the provisions under which Public Information Officer can deny to transmit the information regarding details of all employees working in his organisation.

In my opinion, since it is a matter of public interest, the same can be provided.

2. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

Can you be more specific in the question? Normally the information is available with the public domain, however, it depends upon the individual case. For example asking for information about LTC detail of the Government Servant is allowed, with some limitation to personal details.

3. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

kushal,

I meant to say 'information relating to No. of personnel employed, date of employment and their designation etc'

4. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

This is a notified document and it should invariably be available.

5. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

Under RTI the details of person working in an organization are required to be notified.
    Under Section 4 (1) (b) (ix) & (x)

(ix) a directory of its officers and employees;
    (x) the monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations;

The Public Authority has to notify the above. The emoluments may be notified by designation.

In my understanding one need not pay ant fee for this information as this is part of the Act itself.
    Last edited by maneesh; 18-05-07 at 10:43 AM.

6. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

Maneesh

Thanks for your comments. However, in my opinion once the things has been notified in terms of Section 4 of RTI, no need of writing an application under RTI to seek information.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

Sunil,
    I had a similar case experience earlier.
    I had to use a application under the RTI Act to make the department disclose what was required by Section 4. People in some departments have to be woken up.

8. Re: information pertaining to details of all employees of an organisation

It will take some time for the people in Govt department to wake up and notice the change.
    But a genuine RTI query goes a long way than only making available the information.
    It also teaches the concerned office about the RTI.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android