Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

M.N. Vijayakumar, IAS transfer story

M.N. Vijayakumar is an officer of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS). He belongs to the Karnataka cadre. He has served in Karnataka for the last 25 years. And he is only one of three IAS officers, of the 200 or so working in Karnataka, who has filed his assets and liabilities.
    That‚€™s the good news. The bad news is that Vijayakumar, currently of the Principal Secretary grade, has been transferred six times in six months during the H.D. Kumaraswamy regime.
    From September 2006 to February 2007, Vijayakumar has sat on a different seat in a different office in a different capacity‚€”each time for ‚€œreporting serious corrupt practices by senior officers‚€Ě.
    His wife, Jayashree J.N., has now launched a spirited, even brave, campaign on the web that throws light on how the IAS folk deal with ‚€œblack sheep‚€Ě in their midst and how they use the convenient alibi of ‚€œdisobedience‚€Ě to quell debate, discussion and action.

› Find content similar to: M.N. Vijayakumar, IAS transfer story

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: M.N. Vijayakumar, IAS transfer story

Last month, when I reproduced an Indian Express report on the plight of this officer, some of our members expressed their concern and at that time I felt: "But obviously there is something more to it, than what has been published in press. If the real story behind this officer's suffering comes out, more skeletons in the cupboard might be revealed."

Now it appears that they have started coming out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ganpat Ji,

I remember you posting this news sometime ago, on this officer's agony. As you said earlier, the story has started coming out !!!
    I like his "Scale of Integrity" and circulating them for self-rating
    Once one decides to become a public servant, one should be ready for such monthly transfer orders is it?

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Welcome back to the forum Latha. Nearly for a month or so, you haven't participated in any of the discussions here.

As regards your question, in my 29 years service with a PSU, I have come across a number of such transfers, which are effected under the guise of administrative exigencies. But monthly transfer is highly preposterous and only exposes the lack of integrity on the part of the superiors who issue such orders.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Please also see the following related threads:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/685-ia...w-his-job.html

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2087-c...l-probity.html
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like I had written earlier on MN VIJAYKUMAR,he belongs to an extinct species as for as his cadre is concerned.Having said that,its extremely difficult to make objective comments based purely on sensational newspaper news.But it is a well known fact that senior you rise in center services,more and more transfers await you when you try to follow a less trodden path.You not only have to set examplary moral example,but also need to excel professionally,have pleasent disposition,should imbibe a sense of humility and need to have inborn gregarious nature,beside developing management skills ,should be blessed with leadership qualities.Integrity does not mean simply material honesty,it means a lot more.It is derived from word integer,means whole/complete.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

OP Sharma,
    I thank you for such explanation of character of an Officer when he rises up in ladder of bureaucracy.

If you could start a blog and post it there, I am sure many like me would love to 'subscribe' and 'tag it' your blog

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Kushal,like my membership noting aptly denotes "just popping in',I simply enjoy reading writeups by Karira ,Ganpat and you.Of course I like to run through as many comments/blogs/introductions as possible within time constaints ,and share my thoughts where I genuinely feel participation may benefit receptive minds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast