Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Presence of another person while inspecting document

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Presence of another person while inspecting document

If a applicant is really interested in taking "someone" with him for inspection, he can mention it in the application itself:

I, alongwith with my associate would like to inspect the documents...........

OR

Please give me a suitable time and date for inspecting the documents.....alongwith my associate.

2. Re: Presence of another person while inspecting document

Quote Originally Posted by taurus View Post
    In the absence of any specific provision in the Act for allowing any third person for inspection of files, every case has to be decided on its merits. While doing so the main aim of the Act viz. ensuring transparency and accountability should be kept in mind. I dont think there can be an universal rule for this.
    Since you remind us on the "absence of any specific provision in the act"..... can you point out any specific provision in the act, about "any third person". Note, I am not talking about "third party", but about "third person" which you have mentioned in your own post.

My dear friend, this act has been brought out for the citizens of under. Check Section 3. So anybody who comes along with the citizen, also happens to be a citizen of the country. We have already discussed this point, earlier in this thread.

Of course, the PIO can raise the point in debarring advocates from attending the inspection. The PIO can also ask for identify cards from those who seek to inspect the documents. The PIO will have to allow only citizens, but can stop the others.

Best wishes

Manoj

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

I just could not visualise any problem. If the PIO turns difficult, the "other person" including "Advocate" also can file an application for inspection of the same files. How will the PIO prevent this ? The maximum he can do is to allow inspection one by one. This is immaterial.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

What difference does it make if he takes someone else or not ?
    He can get the photocopies, bring them out and show it to his friend, lawyer, CA, etc.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

CIC must clarify this problem immediely.

6. Re: Presence of another person while inspecting document

Quote Originally Posted by vijendra singh View Post
    CIC must clarify this problem immediely.
    Its not need. (Clarification from CIC). Its very well within the provisions ofthe RTI Act.

Col Kurup, my post was in response to the post made by snkmoorthy & others. Kindly check the post in the thread.

Manoj

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123