Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

One work around to prevent spam bots would be to post email links as you[at]emailprovider[dot]com

› Find content similar to: Personaities prominent in RTI India

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The idea is to generate a complete Portal at one place. I think RTI India Team should allow even the other groups to join here. Sorry but I do not know the policy here though.

Mr. Prakash Kardaley should be welcomed here who can input his valuable knowledge in this great portal. And who so ever does, the goal should remain: For all! That is why this portal is all about.

Coming back to personalities, those mentioned by stingjourno should themselves be asked to put thier profile here. What do you guys say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personalities

Mr. Prakash Kardaley is too busy a person as he has not only to devote time to Indian Express but also manage and moderate the Hum Janenge Board with 422 members. I doubt if he has some free time like me to be here.

As for the other personalites, we cannot expect people like Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, Aruna Roy, Sandeep Panday, Shailesh Gandhi etc, to post their own bio-data here. We all know about these people and their role in RTI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

May be you didn't mean, but that should not sound that those contributing and gaining here are free. I am sure Officers, are here not because they are free but because they wanted to contribute and be a part of this great cause. Or is it not?:rolleyes:

May be many do not know about the personalities devoted to the cause of RTI, and would never in future, except offcourse they are introduced here.

Excuse me for my ignorance and no disregard to those mentioned, personally I am new to RTI and I have only heard about Anna Hazare in newspapers who do good to society, and never read further.

If the information about them regarding their activities, opinions are shared regarding RTI, I would personally love to read that. And offcourse the greater cause would be served by enriching the community and people like me getting aware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up salutation to the brave heart

not accepting the award and merit shows her magnanimity. i heartened to see the statement here that "She put the award money into a trust to support the process of democratic struggles." it is a real sacrifice. long live Aruna Roy . her support and guidance needed for us in the course of fighting the corruption and getting the Justice in democratic way

mm sundram

Quote Originally Posted by crusader View Post
    I am planning to start this thread to list all the personalities who have contributed and are devoted to the cause of Right to Information in India.
    To start with:

ARUNA ROY

Aruna Roy was born in Chennai, and was an IAS officer until 1974. She resigned from the IAS to join the Social Work and Research Center in Tilonia, Rajasthan, which had been set up by her husband Sanjit 'Bunker' Roy.

She worked at the SWRC until 1983, then moved to Devdoondri in 1990 and set up the Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathana, a group which is a working example of a transparent organization. She is a strong supporter of the movement for Right to Information, which succeeded in getting the Rajasthan Right to Information Bill passed.

The MKSS built a grassroots movement that has triggered broad debate and a nationwide demand for the public's right to scrutinize official records - a crucial check against arbitrary governance.

In 2000, she was awarded the Ramon Magsaysay award for Community Leadership and International Understanding, along with J Arputham, the President of the National Slumdwellers' Federation.

Aruna Roy requested that the award be given to the Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathana, but was informed that it was only given to individuals. She put the award money into a trust to support the process of democratic struggles.

I salute her for the brave act.

Kindly post the heroes of RTI India here so that we know about them. RTI India can even call them here.
    [FONT=Lucida Console]yours[/FONT]
    [FONT=Lucida Console]sundram mm [/FONT]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crusader View Post
    I am planning to start this thread to list all the personalities who have contributed and are devoted to the cause of Right to Information in India.
    To start with:

ARUNA ROY

Aruna Roy was born in Chennai, and was an IAS officer until 1974. She resigned from the IAS to join the Social Work and Research Center in Tilonia, Rajasthan, which had been set up by her husband Sanjit 'Bunker' Roy.

She worked at the SWRC until 1983, then moved to Devdoondri in 1990 and set up the Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathana, a group which is a working example of a transparent organization. She is a strong supporter of the movement for Right to Information, which succeeded in getting the Rajasthan Right to Information Bill passed.

The MKSS built a grassroots movement that has triggered broad debate and a nationwide demand for the public's right to scrutinize official records - a crucial check against arbitrary governance.

In 2000, she was awarded the Ramon Magsaysay award for Community Leadership and International Understanding, along with J Arputham, the President of the National Slumdwellers' Federation.

Aruna Roy requested that the award be given to the Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathana, but was informed that it was only given to individuals. She put the award money into a trust to support the process of democratic struggles.

I salute her for the brave act.

Kindly post the heroes of RTI India here so that we know about them. RTI India can even call them here.
    I must congratulate the site for thinking of this! It can utilize the experience of senior retired, dediocated people to bring about radical changes required in the system which is thoroughly corrupted today! A ray of hope lies in this Act which needs proper implementation! Hari Gautam Obhrai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear RTI team,
    You have been putting in a marvellous and herculian effort, including the latest one of personalities and the act itself. I am enjoing the fruits of your relentless labour wyich I am sure will be the beginning of a silent revolution towards good governance in the country.
    In the rti act as of now the ACR and DPC proceedings are exempt. Why cant there be transparency in these matters because ACR is a tool for development.
    SMN Islam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The suggestion of Crusader deserves consideration!If RTI is to be promoted this site itself should not go against basic concept and be more open to deliver results! Hari Gautam Obhrai

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android