I have heard about auto drivers in Mumbai and Bangalore, where drivers are sincere in returning the excess amount over the meter fare. Of course even there culprits exists. But police do good service through out Karnataka not only in Railway stations but also in Bus stands. Complaints are taken care of and erring auto's punished.
I have never seen any policemen in Chennai or other cities of tamilnadu, regulating auto's. Why inaction. Is it not their duty to book them.
1. Many auto drivers are not wearing uniforms.
2. Many auto's ply without meters
3. Many auto drivers do not wear the badges.
4. Many auto drivers drive with a friend next to him in the driving seat and this is cause for concern as many accidents take place because of this.
5. Many auto drivers smoke while driving.
6. Many drivers are demanding return fare and mostly they drop and return.
7. Many auto drivers refuse to ply for shorter distance.
8. Police do not want to regulate auto's.
9. Let police charge autos for offences, automatically they will correct by themselves.