Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: using of letter head

1. using of letter head

dear all,

recently i asked information on the letter head of a simity but the same was denied on the following grounds:

not a natural citizen ;

letter head cannot be used.

However, i came to know that cic in its judgement has permitted the companies to seek information by using letter head.

let me know, whether i can appeal by using the recent judgement.

also please provide me the judgement.

2. Re: using of letter head

The reply to your query is in the featured thread "Can a Secretary ask for information"
    Last edited by nile0611; 31-05-07 at 01:28 PM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: using of letter head

Sunil,
    Please see the following thread:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/ask-rt...formation.html
    Also read the following decision of the CIC:
    http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_17052007_04.pdf

Yes, you can go for 1st appeal and quote the above order of CIC.

4. Re: using of letter head

Quote Originally Posted by sunil sri View Post
    dear all,

recently i asked information on the letter head of a simity but the same was denied on the following grounds:

not a natural citizen ;

letter head cannot be used.

May I ask you the name of the PA and the PIO if possible. I would rate this PIO as a difficult person. When there are no prescribed formats for application etc. he has no business in tell you to that letter heads cannot be used. As long as the letter head contains your contact details, phone number etc. and you sign the application in your own name, it legit.

Further Section 6(2) clearsly states that "An applicant makin request for information shall not be required to give any reason for requesting the information or any other personal details except those that may be necessary for contacting him."

If possible, let me have the address of this PA, I will file multiple RTI Applications seeking information like copy of rules which state Letter heads cannot be used etc.

5. Re: using of letter head

Thanks Karira,

Your hardwork in this regard is excellent. However, I am now more specifically writing my question as "Whether an Secretary of Employees Sahkari Simity, can seek information under RTI Act by asking information on letter head of said Simity"

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: using of letter head

Yes Sunil Sri, the Secretary can.

7. Re: using of letter head

Quote Originally Posted by sunil sri View Post
    Thanks Karira,

Your hardwork in this regard is excellent. However, I am now more specifically writing my question as "Whether an Secretary of Employees Sahkari Simity, can seek information under RTI Act by asking information on letter head of said Simity"
    Karira has already replied to your query. However, I would still like to know the name of the Public Authority that dared to say that Letter Heads are not allowed under RTI Act.

Kindly give me the name of the PA along with the PIO details etc. Would like to file an RTI Application with them on my own letter head right away.

Manoj

8. Re: using of letter head

The CIC in two of the recent decision has denied the information as the complainant has sought the information on behalf of the organization, of which he is a secretary, stating that the information seeker is not covered Under Section 3 of the Act.

Check up them here: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2924-post20.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android