Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunil Ahya
    Blog Entries
    53 Post(s)
    7 Thread(s)
    109 Post(s)

Re: How to draft First Appeal

Hi Parikshit,

I have attached a first appeal format valid for Maharashtra herewith.

In the form under point 5, please list out the queries filed in your RTI application e.g. a, b, c etc and in front of each query, note down whether information has been provided or not provided. (please go through the form for a better idea)

In the point Grounds of Appeal, please mention whatever is applicable e.g. the PIO has not provided or provided incomplete information, or misleading information etc within 30 days of the receipt of RTI application and hence the PIO is deemed to have refused the access to information under section 7(2) of the Act.(also mention any other grounds as may be applicable to the specifics of your case)

If you have any further queries or doubts please post your queries here and our members would be happy to help you further.

› Find content similar to: How to draft First Appeal

Attached Files Attached Files
    "A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers." - H. L. Mencken.

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    1 Post(s)

Re: How to draft First Appeal

The first appeal filed by me (Tamilnadu)is attached. If it can be of any help....
    From To
    Dr.C.Sreekumar Mr. Md. Nassimuddin, I.A.S.,
    D-24, Ragamalika Phase III Appellate Authority,
    150, Tambaram Velachery Road, CMDA,
    Medavakkam, No.1 Gandhi Irwin Road,
    Chennai 600100 Egmore, Chennai 600 008

Dated 20th of June, 2008

Sub: Ragamalkia Phase III-information about permissions obtained by Ms.
    Arun Excello-non provision of information-filing appeal with appellate

Ref: 1. My letter dated 17.05.08
    2. L.No.PRD/PIO/9937/08 dated 30/05/08 of the PIO, CMDA
    3. My letter dated 08.06.08

I had submitted an information request to the PIO, CMDA, through my letter cited in reference 1. The PIO, misunderstanding that I had asked some files to be ‘sent’ to me, had sought some clarification through his letter (Ref. 2) which was promptly answered (Ref.3).
    I would like to point out that though more than 30 days have elapsed since the information request was filed, the PIO has neither provided any of the items/information sought for, nor stated any reasons for denying the information request. This is a blatant violation of the RTI Act.
    I request you to use your high office to provide the information and take necessary action against the erring PIO for the infraction committed. Thank you.

Medavakkam Yours truly,
    Copies of letters cited in reference

Copy also submitted by email to
    1. Appellate authority, CMDA (
    2. Chief Information Commissioner, TNIC (

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12