Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Too many Officers and Employees using RTI for grievance redressal

And the most important point is that why these department cant keep their policies and decision transparent ? Why they cant publish them on their websites and notice board as directed by RTI Act Sec 4.

I find most of the website dont even have the directory of their officers.

› Find content similar to: Too many Officers and Employees using RTI for grievance redressal

Name:
    Ashok Ku. Mishra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Public Authority fears for their Accoountability. Secrecy is the root of corruption. they were in the habit of not to give information. As they employees of the same dept. knows better of their low faults, they try to seek information and thereby forced the PA to be transparent.
    Fight for the Right.

Name:
    Sunil Ahya
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

Responsibility to perform an activity earns one the authority to fulfil that activity.

People who have earned this authority to fulfil the responsibiltity, enjoy the authority and disregard the responsibility.

In my experience I have observed that people who get even a little bit of authority, they use it for satisfying their ego, enjoy power generated by authority and above all use the authority to achieve personal success, and the responsiblity gets a step moptherly treatment.

I think RTI is absolutely necessary to check this authority, if babu's are using it more, nothing wrong about it, then public awareness should be increased so that they use it even more, but no way the act should be diluted,in fact it needs to be further strengthened, by reducing the number of days to respond from 30 to 20, like in USA.

Freedom of Information Act has come in existence and is being successfully used in USA since 1966. (I was born in 1965 maybe I suggested them when I was one year old)

Check this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom...(United_States)
    Last edited by Sunil Ahya; 09-08-08 at 10:23 AM.

Name:
    Bansheedhar Mishra
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abhi987 View Post
    Responsibility to perform an activity earns one the authority to fulfil that activity.

People who have earned this authority to fulfil the responsibiltity, enjoy the authority and disregard the responsibility.

In my experience I have observed that people who get even a little bit of authority, they use it for satisfying their ego, enjoy power generated by authority and above all use the authority to achieve personal success, and the responsiblity gets a step moptherly treatment.

I think RTI is absolutely necessary to check this authority, if babu's are using it more, nothing wrong about it, then public awareness should be increased so that they use it even more, but no way the act should be diluted,in fact it needs to be further strengthened, by reducing the number of days to respond from 30 to 20, like in USA.

Freedom of Information Act has come in existence and is being successfully used in USA since 1966. (I was born in 1965 maybe I suggested them when I was one year old)

Check this link Freedom of Information Act (United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    I agree with you entirely. Only a person having experience and a keen sense of observation can say so.

Name:
    lakshminarayanan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

my only question in this is that whether the said civil servants in not a citizen of this country?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by balaraghavan View Post
    my only question in this is that whether the said civil servants in not a citizen of this country?
    Of course - they are first the citizens and then civil servants !
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android