Thread: Power To remove Diffuculties Sec 30(1)

1. Power To remove Diffuculties Sec 30(1)

It Will be two years of Enactment of the RTI Act 2005 on 15 of this Month .I draw your attention to Sec 30(1) Para 2 "Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of a period of two years from the date of the Commencement of the Act "
    Two things Occur to My Mind
    1. Govt has to pass Ammendements only to giving effect to the Provisions of this Act after 15/06/2007..... So to Remove "File Notings" as Described by DoPT in its Web site,we need an Ammendment .

2.A Few of us Who Met in Pune had Passed A Important Resolution that the Central Govt Must Correct the mistake inS19(6) by notification under Sec 30 by replacing Words "or Subsection(2) as "or Subsection(3) and thus provide for a time limit to dispose off the second appeals , which means there will be prescribed limit of time to dispose off second appeals .

Virtually if Do not Act within these Few Days , we will have an Uphill task hence forth

2. Re: Power To remove Diffuculties Sec 30(1)

Quote Originally Posted by N Vikramsimha View Post
    Virtually if Do not Act within these Few Days , we will have an Uphill task hence forth
    Vikram, these are the same things thats bothering many of the crusaders who had attended the convention at Pune.

3. Re: Power To remove Diffuculties Sec 30(1)

We Have to Plan an startergy

4. Re: Power To remove Diffuculties Sec 30(1)

Quote Originally Posted by N Vikramsimha View Post
    We Have to Plan an startergy
    I am afraid, its a bit late for that. The best would be is to forward the copy of the Pune Resolution to the Min. of Personnel & Administrative Reforms. I guess, Kabir & Parivartan might have done that by now.

Alternatively, what remaining members can do it to approach their local MPs and ask them to write to the Prime Minister.

Good luck

Manoj