Thread: AA rules that CPIO cannot give information since he was holding only an "additional charge"

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

AA rules that CPIO cannot give information since he was holding only an "additional charge"

This is really funny. Just shows what all nitpicking do officers indulge in just to find a excuse !

The Appellate Authority (AA) in this case held that the CPIO's order was without jurisdiction since the CPIO was only holding a additional charge. IC has given a clear cut and well reasoned arguments concluding " It shall be necessary to remember in interpreting the provisions of the RTI Act that this Act has been made for the citizen and not the citizen for the Act. In case of any doubt, the provisions of the Act must be tested against a single touch-stone ― does it serve the interest of the citizen? If the answer is yes, that interpretation should prevail."

Full decision can be viewed at:

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_31052007_17.pdf

› Find content similar to: AA rules that CPIO cannot give information since he was holding only an "additional charge"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: AA rules that CPIO cannot give information since he was holding only an "additional charge"

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    This is really funny. Just shows what all nitpicking do officers indulge in just to find a excuse !

Full decision can be viewed at:

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_31052007_17.pdf
    This happened because two orders were issued on the same matter by two different officers.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: AA rules that CPIO cannot give information since he was holding only an "additional charge"

This is a land-mark decision needing maximum publicity, especially the touch-stoneexample. Knowing the attituide of the media towards RTI Act, it is not surprising that it does not get any publicity

I agree this is a out come of confusion or may be lack of communication or may be anything ...As the orders were issues by two different officers...
    As far as role of media is concerned there is an imp post for the same...

Is Media Playing its Role — RTI Portal

Do go through this and acknowledge that nothing has changed for media as far as RTI in concerned from 1998 (when it was not thought of) from 2006 when this news came and even now...

After all RTI is not Cine star who have been jailed...

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

The problems faced in probing specific cases may be diffferant. The media appears just does not want to displease the bureaucrates and invite problems. Which National Daily give at least once in three months the pendency/disposal states of complaints or performance state of SICs ? Junior journalists of certain National Daily had approached me out of their enthusiasm for news on RTI. I used to tell them to comeback to me after checking with their boss on their approach to RTI. No one had come back to me so far. The media rarely encourage even letters to editor on RTI related subjects. Of cource RTI discussion in " DD News " at 1030 on Saturdays is the only exception I had come across so far.