Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 30 days starts from which date?

1. Re: 30 days starts from which date?

Respected sir,

To avoid such position, we the applicants and RTI Activists have to bind the PIO's who just want to delay. One method of binding the PIO's is along with applicantion fee of Rs.10/- just add advance document and postal fee just approximate so that it makes PIO's binding over the time.

rakatkam.

2. Re: 30 days starts from which date?

ust add advance document and postal fee just approximate
    Would you be kind enough to explain a bit more about this?

3. Re: 30 days starts from which date?

Kushal Sir,

I want to tell that along with Rs.10/- application fee, the approximate postsl expenditure Rs.40/- and we can just estimate the document fee i.e. Rs.2/- per page (as we will be roughly knowing how many pages it will be ) so we can calculate and we can add a little more and send a Demand Draft along with application it self.

So that PIO will be binded to supply the information without waiting for payment, because generally PIOs intimate applicants just when 30 days are comming to complete. And then it takes One week to two weeks for the purpose of sending fees and receiving information.

So, I suggested an advance fees can be paid.

rakatkam.

4. Re: 30 days starts from which date?

That is very good suggestion, I must say. We do had this idea at one point of time, but you made it out clearly.

You can input this in this thread: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/630-how-write-rti-application.html

5. Re: 30 days starts from which date?

Kushal sir,

I have posted the post as u suggested threat with little change.

rakatkam.

6. Re: 30 days starts from which date?

the thirty days period would start from the day on which the fee is received; until the fee is paid, the rti act does not come into play; a more serious problem is , the application is liable to be rejected for want of fee. in which case, it cannot be revived even if fees is paid later. the only remedy would be to send another application with attached proof of payment.

Re: 30 days starts from which date?

I have an interesting case.

My friend Debadutt filed RTI Application on 5th January 2008. On 29th he received PIOs instructions to supply proof of citizenship which was duly complied on 2nd Feb.

Now the CPIO says that the information shall be provided on 2nd of March.

What should he do now? Invoke sec. 18 or sec 19 or simply wait until 2nd March?

Sidharth

8. Re: 30 days starts from which date?

Quote Originally Posted by avinash View Post
    Dear all

Suppose an application under RTI is sent on a particular date and the payment of Rs 10/- made 10 days later, the 30 day period starts from which date - the date of receipt of the letter or the date of payment?

Regards

Avinash
    Hi Avinash,

From my personal experience, I found that PIO refuses accept RTI application without the supporting RTI fee receipts/ challans in original. As such the thirty days start from the very moment the fee documents along with the application is submitted.

Sunaabh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast