Topic Identifier

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545556575859

Thread: IS RTI applicant a consumer as defined under Consumer Protection Act - See the details in this post.

Name:
    Sanjay Kumar Mishra
    Blog Entries

Re: IS RTI applicant a consumer as defined under Consumer Protection Act - See the details in this post.

Dear All,

Today I got an email informing that my Review Petition has been allotted Diary No. 34452 of 2017 for further processing. Status can be check at the link : Case Status | Supreme Court of India

Requisite Fee also paid on 31-10-2017 through Debit Card.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IS RTI applicant a consumer as defined under Consumer Protection Act  - See the details in this post.-status-dy-no-34452-2017-jpg  

2. Re: IS RTI applicant a consumer as defined under Consumer Protection Act - See the details in this post.

Why don't you try for filing PIL stating that there should be alternate mechanism for RTI, as state governments and central governments are not appointing commissioners in time, and there are lakhs of second appeals pending and that every common man can not wait for years together for hearing and can travel to SIC, and the purpose for which RTI is enacted is getting lost.
    You may enlist the support of Hon.CJK to know status of pending vacancies state wise, pending appeals state wise, CIC and approximate time taken for coming up for hearing in SIC/CIC to substantiate your larger interest.

Name:
    Sanjay Kumar Mishra
    Blog Entries

Re: IS RTI applicant a consumer as defined under Consumer Protection Act - See the details in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by G.L.N. Prasad View Post
    Why don't you try for filing PIL stating that there should be alternate mechanism for RTI, as state governments and central governments are not appointing commissioners in time, and there are lakhs of second appeals pending and that every common man can not wait for years together for hearing and can travel to SIC, and the purpose for which RTI is enacted is getting lost.
    You may enlist the support of Hon.CJK to know status of pending vacancies state wise, pending appeals state wise, CIC and approximate time taken for coming up for hearing in SIC/CIC to substantiate your larger interest.
    Prasad Ji, I m not much familier with PIL. Specially I am a party is such kind of case and in doubt about the eligibility to file PIL on this issue or not ? If anyone is interested may file PIL online from his home. First I am using this way, i.e. review petition (which I m sure to got dismissed) then Appeal to higher Bench or to file Curitive Petition, but I m not in mood to leave Supreme Court silent on this issue. UNABLE TO GIVE JUSTICE, GIVE ME JAIL FOR WHICH U R ABLE.

4. Re: IS RTI applicant a consumer as defined under Consumer Protection Act - See the details in this post.

Why do you think that it is personal ? You are representing a well known association and running a magazine without profit over a decade. Write a letter either to SC agarwal or some other activist, who is also advocate. That suggestion may not be applicable to you in person, but there are many persons that can spend and use influence for publicity or say genuine help to society.

First get data, write a meaningful article of all your struggles and let it be published and widely read, so that public can understand facts.

I could not see the attached documents could anybody help how to view the attachments.

Sent from my SM-N915G using RTI INDIA mobile app

From the beginning it is clear that Section 23 of the RTI Act, does not bar the jurisdiction of Consumer Forums, but Courts only.. The Judgment given the National Consumers Disputes Readdressal Forum is perfectly in order. Now the clarification by the Ministry of Consumers Affairs is confirmation to it. Since the Case has been filed in the Court, it has been interpreted according to their law. Let's wait for final out come of the SC.

7. Re: IS RTI applicant a consumer as defined under Consumer Protection Act - See the details in this post.

SC has not even admitted the review petition.
    Now it is high time to stop this confusion and a new thread has to be opened with appropriate title.
    "Efforts for alternate forum for RTI"

Name:
    Sanjay Kumar Mishra
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.L.N. Prasad View Post
    SC has not even admitted the review petition.
    Now it is high time to stop this confusion and a new thread has to be opened with appropriate title.
    "Efforts for alternate forum for RTI"
    Prasad Ji,

I think, this is proper threat and should be continue with all the information regarding this struggle from ZERO Ground to till date.

- - - Updated - - -

A request sent to Registrar today on 6-11-2017 in continuation of our communication dated 16-10-17 and 26-10-17, requesting to decide my Review Petition only after hearing me as PETITIONER-IN-PERSON, and letter received from Department of Consumer Affairs, Govt. of India be treated as an Annexure / Additional Document while deciding this Review Petition.

Someone advice me that Review Petition accepted if any new facts come in knowledge. If rejected then only next remedy is CURITIVE PETITION and I am preparing myself for this too with the support of all the members of this forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IS RTI applicant a consumer as defined under Consumer Protection Act  - See the details in this post.-letter-registrar-sci-dt-6-11-17-a  

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545556575859

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android