Topic Identifier

Thread: Help me: Incorrect response to RTI

1. Help me: Incorrect response to RTI

Dear All

What should i do if the information provided to me under RTI is not correct?

In my case, I had filed an RTI regarding the reason for delay in receiving our UGC PhD fellowhips, and the persons accountable for these delays in UGC. We generally receive our fellowhips after a delay of 10 -12 months.

In reply to our RTI, the UGC has not provided us with this information. Infact, they have absolved themselves of the delay by blaming our institute. But, the records available with our institute suggests that institute has submitted all the documents, and it is the UGC which is causing the delay to disburse the amount to the phd students.

so, what should we do to see that in RTI, the factual information is provided to us. Please let us know.

Thank you.

2. Re: Help me: Incorrect response to RTI

Quote Originally Posted by MandarTabib View Post
    Dear All

What should i do if the information provided to me under RTI is not correct?

In reply to our RTI, the UGC has not provided us with this information. Infact, they have absolved themselves of the delay by blaming our institute. But, the records available with our institute suggests that institute has submitted all the documents, and it is the UGC which is causing the delay to disburse the amount to the phd students.
    You will have to file the First Appeal with the UGC Appellate Authority. Alternatively you can also file a complain with the Central Information Commission, New Delhi. But filing the First Appeal would be better.

Secondly, file two seperate additional RTI Application now. One - RTI Applicatio No.2 with your own institute, asking for details and copies of all communications from UGC on this regard. Second, file an RTI Application No.3 with the same PIO of UGC who gave you the last reply, seeking information on all notings of your earlier RTI Appliction filed. A close look at the noting on the file dealing with your earlier RTI Application i.e. No.1 as to who is at fault and what was the supervisors notings.

Best wishes

Manoj

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android