Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    0 Post(s)

    How to respond if the RTI information is not satisfactory?

    Dear All

    Can any one let know how to respond to a RTI that doesn't give factual information?

    In my case, I had filed an RTI regarding the reason for delay in receiving our UGC PhD fellowhips, and the persons accountable for these delays in UGC. We generally receive our fellowhips after a delay of 10 -12 months.

    In reply to our RTI, the UGC has not provided us with this information. Infact, they have absolved themselves of the delay by blaming our institute. But, the records available with our institute suggests that institute has submitted all the documents, and it is the UGC which is causing the delay to disburse the amount to the phd students.

    so, what should we do to on knwoing that the RTI is not giving the factual information? Please let us know.

    Thank you.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

    › Find content similar to: How to respond if the RTI information is not satisfactory?

  2. #2
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    43 Post(s)
    14 Thread(s)
    168 Post(s)

    Re: How to respond if the RTI information is not satisfactory?


    You have to go for the first appeal to the Officer who is higher in rank than the PIO. UPSC will have a Appellate Authority (AA) for first appeal.
    You can appeal quoting the Section 18, 1, e of the RTI act and stating that the information given to you is incorrect and misleading.
    The following threads will help you:
    Hope the above helps.

Tags for this Thread


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android