Topic Identifier

Thread: Prayer/ Relief Sought

1. Prayer/ Relief Sought

What is meant by Prayer or Relief sought? What we should write in this column while filing Second Appeal with Central Information Commissioner?
    In my case, LIC has failed to provide me an accurate information for charging an amount on AC usage. So what prayer or relief should I ask for?

2. Re: Prayer/ Relief Sought

The prayer should be the same to 'To provide the information'; which you have already sought for. If you have specific grievance which you want to add can be the part of this column. For example:
    • Prayer, to be present while hearing
    • Relief sought such as the hardship caused due to travel related expenses for commuting to Delhi or otherwise.
    • If the information given to you was false or misleading, the fact may be mentioned to penalize the Public Authority for the same.

3. Re: Prayer/ Relief Sought

And forgot to tell you, do read the FAQ here about how to file 2nd Appeal under RTI: https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/faq.ph...faq_2nd_appeal

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Prayer/ Relief Sought

Quote Originally Posted by bordawekar View Post
    What is meant by Prayer or Relief sought? What we should write in this column while filing Second Appeal with Central Information Commissioner?
    Bordawekar,

In simple language it means, What do you want the CIC to do ?
    (Like My plea in this appeal is:...........)
    Apart from what Kushal mentioned, you might want the CIUC:
    - To direct PIO to give the correct/complete information

5. Re: Prayer/ Relief Sought

Quote Originally Posted by bordawekar View Post
    In my case, LIC has failed to provide me an accurate information for charging an amount on AC usage. So what prayer or relief should I ask for?
    Simply ask that the PIO may be directed to provide all the information requested in your original RTI Application and ensure that its accurate. That should be the prayer for you.

Keep It Simple and Sweet.

Manoj

6. Re: Prayer/ Relief Sought

Is the Second Appeal to be filed in an application format or under various heads like Prayer, Background, etc ?

7. Re: Prayer/ Relief Sought

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay1 View Post
    Is the Second Appeal to be filed in an application format or under various heads like Prayer, Background, etc ?
    Check details here
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/faq.ph...faq_2nd_appeal

Make sure you send four copies of your Second Appeal.

Best wishes

Manoj

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android