Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Appeal

Re: My First Appeal

I got the copy of letter which directed the Sr Supdt of PO written by Asstt DPS stating that as per direction of Competent Authority
    I therefore asked again under RTI as to who is the Competent Authority is and in the reply Sr Supt PO states that he has forwarded this to Asstt DPS to reply
    Can a PIO do this ? Aren't they having the knoweldge as to who the Boss is?
    Or is this like the Suspense thriller?
    my application was dt.28/12/07 relpied on 16/1/08 and I have not yet heard from Asstt DPS(Bldg) as yet as to who the Competent Authority is?
    Do i file a First Appeal? if so against Sr Supdt po or asstt DPS A A in this case Is DPS

2. Re: My First Appeal

The building matter of the circle/Region is handled by AD (Building) and SSPo had done the right thing as far as asking the information from AD (building). However, the onus of replying to you solely rests on SSPO and not on AD (building). In case there delay in reply, you need to file the complaint with the CIC directly and not the 1st Appeal as per the RTI Act.

However, while fixing the responsibility, AD (building) would be equally liable for the delay in response, if of course AD(Building) is able to justify the delay.

3. Re: My First Appeal

THANKS KUSHAL,
    I would have made first Appeal if not for your guidance.
    One more query since I had made 3 applications all inter related can I take more than one issue in my Complaint to CIC or do I need to make seperate Complaints
    Do I have to pay any fees for this Complaint being with CIC related to Central Govt as there is no fees for First Appeal
    Regards
    Mukesh

4. Re: My First Appeal

Dear Mukesh

The best suggestion and most virtual help can only be done by ME

and that suggestion is

DO WHAT Mr. KUSHAL IS TELLING YOU

HE AS AN EXPERT AS FAR AS THIS SUBJECT LINE IS CONCERNED

FOR REST WE are THERE in LINE alongwith HIM though

Good Luck
    Abhinav Bohare
    ....No is Nothing; Knowz Everything

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mukesh View Post
    THANKS KUSHAL,
    I would have made first Appeal if not for your guidance.
    One more query since I had made 3 applications all inter related can I take more than one issue in my Complaint to CIC or do I need to make seperate Complaints
    Do I have to pay any fees for this Complaint being with CIC related to Central Govt as there is no fees for First Appeal
    Regards
    Mukesh
    Each application.....each First Appeal.....each Second Appeal.....
    (one for one) Please do not bunch more than one application in the first/second appeal.
    Although you can ask for all the appeals to be heard together for convenience of all concerned.

6. Re: My First Appeal

THANKS AGAIN
    KUSHAL and ABHINAV
    I will make seperate complaint with a request that it be heard together
    RTI ACT has indeed make each of us Shehensah of Lok Sahi as Shailesh Gandhi always says. Earlier this Officers were acting like KINGS with me.
    None of my letters were even acknowledged by them.
    Regards
    Mukesh

This sort of confusion about 'competent authority' has come because of the ignorance of Public Authorities about how to furnish info under RTI Act. In the normal course most letters from Govt say - ' I am directed to say..' or '...hereby conveyed' or 'the competent authority has decided that....' so on and so forth. The person signing that many times does not know who that 'authority' is. It may sound incredible. But ours is an incredible India, in deed! When a PA furnishes info under RTI Act it should not use such language and get bogged down with issues such as you have rightly raised.
    Last edited by taurus; 10-02-08 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling

8. Re: My First Appeal

THANKS
    TAURUS
    i need to know who the Competent Authority is because the direction to shift and surrender the premises has been issued on the file carrying correspondence of another premises. Moreover the Sr Supdt PO had remarked that the current market rent could be Rs 40,000/- while they are paying Rs2700/- and shifting was not possible. Further Dept is also floating tender to find alternate accommodation in same locality. Once I get the records it will be good ground to challenge the decision.
    Gradually I am learning the importance of R T I Act hope the system will soon improve.
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 10-02-08 at 01:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12